View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone take Phenibut? Hordenine? PEA?

Latrobegirl

Greenlighter
Got here with google....trying out phenibut, hordenine and phenylethylamine (or PEA). Not recreational drugs....more like nootropics. Open to advice![h=1][/h]

I too want to try these nootropics. Have you tried them? If so, what was the outcome? Any advice/information you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Bluelight. :) Hope you stick around.

None of these are nootropics. If you're looking for something to increase your ability to think quickly and such, you're better off with piracetam or one of the other -racetams. I'll give a quick review of each of the ones you listed:

• Phenibut - this is a full-on drug, it's a prescription drug in Russia where it is used to treat anxiety and PTSD. Phenibut is actually one of my favorite substances, it's hard to dose right (if you want to use it, please refer to this thread which gives a full guide on how to use it and find your proper dose), but when you do it produces a state of euphoria and helps a lot with anxiety, and it lasts all day. However it is also physically addictive and if you end up doing it every day the withdrawals are pretty terrible. Even every couple of days can produce a light dependence. Definitely not a nootropic, I think it just gets labeled one so they don't make it a controlled substance.
  • Hordenine - This is theoretically an MAO-B inhibitor, which means it makes some other drugs stronger, but there is a lot of question whether it works because it's broken down very rapidly by the MAO (monoamine oxidase) enzymes in your body. Definitely not a nootropic
  • PEA - This can have a brief euphoric and stimulating effect if you take a lot of it, like a gram or 2, also not a nootropic though but more of a recreational drug sort of effect. People report that with an MAO-B inhibitor, it lasts longer and the dose is much lower but this is dangerous as it could lead to a hypertensive crisis. Hordenine may work to boost it or it may not. Personally I don't care for PEA because after the brief euphoric rush, it leaves me feeling strange and jittery for a while.

I'd check out piracetam and alpha-GPC if you're really interested in nootropics. They're subtle but if you use them in situations where you're really using your brain, they definitely work. There are also other racetams, like oxiracetam, pramiracetam, phenylpiracetam, and tons of others, that are stronger than piracetam.