• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking DMT as plant only (f.e. Mimosa H.) : NOT possible?

schwitzerglitzer

Greenlighter
Is it right, that it is practically not possible to smoke DMT as a plant f.e. as mimosa hostilis? Because it has too little DMT for smoking?

So the only way to smoke dmt is to extract it by myself??

Is it right, that it is practically not possible to smoke DMT as a plant f.e. as mimosa hostilis? Because it has too little DMT for smoking?

So the only way to smoke dmt is to extract it by myself??

Correct, unless you smoke an awful lot. MHRB only contains about 1% DMT.

The concentrations are far too low, like CoDude said, you'd have to somehow smoke a LOT of it all at once. Assuming 1% DMT, to smoke 60mg you'd need to smoke 6 grams in a very short time which would be impractical and horrible if not impossible. And you'd probably be burning a lot of the DMT, too.

According to erowid, DMT has a threshold dose of 2-5 mg. Wouldn't it be possible to smoke some high-potency Mimosa hostilis rootbark to archieve a threshold dose? Microdosing on DMT? Otherwise, the short duration of smoked DMT would speak against it...

I remember Christian Raetsch saying that he could archieve a Cocaine-like effect from chewing some Erythroxylum coca leaves, something I thought would be completely impossible if he did not say it to me right in the face.

EDIT:
Fuck, I just was remembered that this forum doesn't support "Umlaute", like they are common in the German language. Sorry, I hope you all get what I mean.

No, you can't smoke the bark. Well, you can, but as someone else mentioned, you'd need to smoke a bunch all at once to get any effect. 2-5mg for a threshold? Maybe if what you want is a terribly weird body feeling and no visuals, 2-5mg would be fine. Maybe you're one of the lucky 1% who can have a full on deep space trip off tiny amounts. But maybe you're a part of the other 1% who will never have any effects from dmt. I know one of each from those populations.

Also, I'm pretty sure the dmt contained in MHRB is dmt-tannate. Don't know if that's even smokable. Just do an extraction yourself if you already have the mimosa root bark. Its simple, you can have pure, smokable, freebase dmt in under 24 hours.

I remember Christian Raetsch saying that he could archieve a Cocaine-like effect from chewing some Erythroxylum coca leaves, something I thought would be completely impossible if he did not say it to me right in the face.

Cocaine isn't exactly a long-lasting drug, but it lasts far longer than non-MAOI-potentiated DMT. I mean, coca leaf is not exactly going to hit you as hard as doing a line of cocaine hydrochloride, but it provides a stimulant effect similar to a mild therapeutic dose of ritalin.

At any rate, you don't need to be an ethnobotanist to know that cocaine from leaves (chewed or as tea) is a perfectly functional stim... in the Pre-Columbian era, coca leaves were the fuel that allowed traders and travellers to brave the treacherous roads and thin air as they traversed the Andes. Heck, to some extent they still are. Coca leaf tea is a speciality of the region, and even the Pope has to have a cup everytime he's touring South America.

To anyone saying 1% , thats like average. I've got amazing bark right now gifting me with 2.2% freebase.

Go for it! You may not blast off into hyperspace, but I would be surprised if the unprocessed plant material had NO effect. You might get some medicinal effects plus a distant "twinkle" from the DMT. Who knows?! Let not your tightened fist over the DMT molecule prevent you from discovering the subtleties of this plant medicine.