View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Low Dose DXM daily use save?

Razu_

Greenlighter
Hey im using DXM daily currently 30 MG > my weight: 50 KG / 110 lbs ~ i take 30 mg dxm around 1 Hr before Codeine. Is 30 MG dxm a day toxic/dangerous at all? Could i take more?

30mg sounds like a sub-perceptual dose... What is your reason for taking it?

In general taking any dissociative every day has the potential to cause long term negative changes in your brain that may or may not be reversible, there just isn't enough data to say. DXM is also an SRI which I believe may complicate things further but I'm not sure how likely this is to be relevant with such a low dose.

Again, as a general rule, taking any more DXM than you need every day should be avoided, so if 30mg is working for you then I would advise that you do not take any more, assuming that you intend to continue taking it every day.

This dosage to me sounds like something that may have been prescribed, in which case you should discuss this with your doctor. Or if you are self-medicating for some other condition - again, consider going to see a doctor to discuss alternatives. I'd say it's unlikely in the short term that such a dose is going to cause harm, but I would try not to make such daily dosing a long term thing and again I would suggest not increasing your dose if there is no pressing need for you to do so.

30mg sounds like a sub-perceptual dose... What is your reason for taking it?

In general taking any dissociative every day has the potential to cause long term negative changes in your brain that may or may not be reversible, there just isn't enough data to say. DXM is also an SRI which I believe may complicate things further but I'm not sure how likely this is to be relevant with such a low dose.

Again, as a general rule, taking any more DXM than you need every day should be avoided, so if 30mg is working for you then I would advise that you do not take any more, assuming that you intend to continue taking it every day.

This dosage to me sounds like something that may have been prescribed, in which case you should discuss this with your doctor. Or if you are self-medicating for some other condition - again, consider going to see a doctor to discuss alternatives. I'd say it's unlikely in the short term that such a dose is going to cause harm, but I would try not to make such daily dosing a long term thing and again I would suggest not increasing your dose if there is no pressing need for you to do so.

Hey thanks for ur Answer, Yeah i got ADHD, RLS, Anxiety, codeine is prescribed, DXM isn't tested it myself low dose- since ive read about it alot and people that take opioids als require less of them when taking DXM before. But it also makes me feel better in general, (on 30 mg) better mood + headache gone in the morning + Music sounds better.

I get distinct effects from 30mg, too, although I don't really like them personally.

Do you notice it working for making your codeine more effective? If it is, then you don't need to raise the dose.

I get distinct effects from 30mg, too, although I don't really like them personally.

Do you notice it working for making your codeine more effective? If it is, then you don't need to raise the dose.

Yeah the 30 MG makes me somehow more motivated, my Morning headache goes away instantly. and i feel more calm inside hope its save with 30 MG daily. And of the Codeine i take half with DXM of what i used before without DXM. Maybe the DXM feels pretty good even on low Dose for me could be because i drank alot of Alcohol when i was younger to selfmedicate ADHD but from selfmedicating i got anxiety and increased my RLS, sucks. But the DXM low dose feels abit like Alcohol for me, strange

Last edited:
It's prescribed in doses around this, combined with another chemical (quinidine) to potentiate it, as Nuedexta - for a rare condition called pseudobulbar affect but also proposed as an antidepressant so - yeah it's pretty safe if you happen to like it. I get effects from small doses too, not 30mg but 50 or 75 and it's a tad too speedy for me but motivating for sure..

It's prescribed in doses around this, combined with another chemical (quinidine) to potentiate it, as Nuedexta - for a rare condition called pseudobulbar affect but also proposed as an antidepressant so - yeah it's pretty safe if you happen to like it. I get effects from small doses too, not 30mg but 50 or 75 and it's a tad too speedy for me but motivating for sure..

Do you know the Highest therapeutical Dose? 30-75 mg dxm? I take... Codeine 2 Hrs later anyways, I guess if i take more than 30 MG the liver enzyme will be blocked and Codeine wont work. But i would still be interested to try the highest therapeutical dose in Europe Nuedexta doesnt exist

Yeah we don't have Nuedexta here, unfortunately as it might save me from quite some trouble to have this prescribable ... For cough, they say the highest therapeutical dose is around of 120mg HBr per day. Yet are there reports of people gone through successful detox of multiple gram daily DXM habits with no sequelae. It's a bit harsh on the gut and dumps loads of NE on your system, leading to tachycardia and restlessness, but nothing too serious.

I was just recently shocked when I thought, let's give the established medicine another try, and got a Rx for sertraline - because the previously used and tolerated venlafaxine didn't cut it. So well. This ugly stuff brought me bona fide auditory hallucinations. Hearing voices. Man, if I wasn't me, they'd just added other toxic antipsychotics on top of that, cause nobody would blame a SSRI when one gets psychotic symptoms and has tolerated other ones before, and did drugs ... so, just my 2 cents, DXM is pretty safe. Just listen to your heart, maybe take a beta blocker if you get tachycardic (that's what I'll do next).

Cause DXM is just unique among all antidepressants in that it actually works.. always.. for me at least, and you might have your own reasons for trying it.

Edit: Why taking the codeine after the DXM? Use it the other way round and you'll avoid the saturation.

Yeah we don't have Nuedexta here, unfortunately as it might save me from quite some trouble to have this prescribable ... For cough, they say the highest therapeutical dose is around of 120mg HBr per day. Yet are there reports of people gone through successful detox of multiple gram daily DXM habits with no sequelae. It's a bit harsh on the gut and dumps loads of NE on your system, leading to tachycardia and restlessness, but nothing too serious.

I was just recently shocked when I thought, let's give the established medicine another try, and got a Rx for sertraline - because the previously used and tolerated venlafaxine didn't cut it. So well. This ugly stuff brought me bona fide auditory hallucinations. Hearing voices. Man, if I wasn't me, they'd just added other toxic antipsychotics on top of that, cause nobody would blame a SSRI when one gets psychotic symptoms and has tolerated other ones before, and did drugs ... so, just my 2 cents, DXM is pretty safe. Just listen to your heart, maybe take a beta blocker if you get tachycardic (that's what I'll do next).

Cause DXM is just unique among all antidepressants in that it actually works.. always.. for me at least, and you might have your own reasons for trying it.

Edit: Why taking the codeine after the DXM? Use it the other way round and you'll avoid the saturation.

Usually getting the DXM in as Breakfast then after 45min-1 HR where i feel DXM works ill start with the Codeine. If i increase my Dosage from 30 MG DXM to around 60-90? What would be highest therapeutical save dose 50-90 mg? I dont want to go higher since i need liver enzymes for Codeine > Morphine conversion. Idk how long it takes for 90 MG DXM to kick in or how much Enzymes it needs from what ive read people with Opioids usually take 30-60 mg DXM at max. Ive also read some studies that if you take an GABA-A benzo or even (alcohol works) you can even take High doses of DXM savely without getting any long term brain problems / damage cause it interrupts the NMDA receptor of damaging through GABA A from what ive understood