• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I conquered KRATOM with Suboxone!

CfZrx

Bluelighter
I thought I would make use of my sub script to kick the green lizard and I did! Holler if you need encouragement! I kind of think that I haven't even been feeling the kratom the whole time I've been on sub (5 months or so),lol !!! Got jacked like a mofo by one of these shady kratom vendors while chasing the ever-elusive $xxx kilo (there are ten or less excellent vendors) and decided fuck this shit, I'm out! It's been 24 hours. I will report as the WD proceeds to see if I get ill in any way. This thread will explode by Wednesday as to not add to kratom witch hunt.

Last edited:
I genuinely wish you the best of luck, but I can't help but think that getting off of suboxone had longer lasting effects than did quitting kratom. The acute withdrawals usually last longer as well, at least in my experience. I felt that suboxone cessation caused persistent physical anxiety and depressed mood for months after the 5-7 day physical withdrawal if you don't taper down to a very low dose. I was able to very successfully taper suboxone but tapering also works with kratom. All I'm saying is to not do this hastily as it may backfire for some people.

I genuinely wish you the best of luck, but I can't help but think that getting off of suboxone had longer lasting effects than did quitting kratom. The acute withdrawals usually last longer as well, at least in my experience. I felt that suboxone cessation caused persistent physical anxiety and depressed mood for months after the 5-7 day physical withdrawal if you don't taper down to a very low dose. I was able to very successfully taper suboxone but tapering also works with kratom. All I'm saying is to not do this hastily as it may backfire for some people.
Hi transcendence,
I am on sub for life for pain. I am now 36 hours in, felt kinda shitty waking up. Popped 2mg sub. Fuck you green lizard!

This is like saying the diarrhea I had this morning was much better than the shit I took last night. They're both shit, and the runny shit that's worse, has you believing that it's better than the shit you had before.

But if you're on life bupe, your backwards thinking is all kinds of fucked. Bupe is much stronger and you should be getting high off of 2mg, coming from kratom, and any addict in their high mind would choose bupe over kratom any day.

Yea you'll be high for a few days then you get depressed on sub. To the guy who says its easier to quit sub than kratom? Come on man no way.

This is like saying the diarrhea I had this morning was much better than the shit I took last night. They're both shit, and the runny shit that's worse, has you believing that it's better than the shit you had before.

But if you're on life bupe, your backwards thinking is all kinds of fucked. Bupe is much stronger and you should be getting high off of 2mg, coming from kratom, and any addict in their high mind would choose bupe over kratom any day.
You sound confused.

Yea you'll be high for a few days then you get depressed on sub. To the guy who says its easier to quit sub than kratom? Come on man no way.
Sub is a great pain med. I always feel pretty stable on it, and my pain is eliminated. I do agree with you that sub is 1000 times harder to quit than kratom.

I don't see a question or anything that aligns itself with harm reduction as per the BLUA. Thread should be closed.

I don't see a question or anything that aligns itself with harm reduction as per the BLUA. Thread should be closed.
Jeez Beav! It's an encouragement thread for people on sub who want to quit their kratom behaviors (and me, I'm still struggling to stay off the green bandicoot). ---------To those reading wishing they didn't have to dig the teaspoon in the bag and always plan their dose when out of the home, I made it to day three and that evening I decided to drink some of the kratom tea I made before deciding to quit. I assure you it was to not waste, but then I had a cup last night, and tonight I sit thinking a cold cup sure sounds tasty, but I'm holding out, because I don't want to have bumped up my Sub dose for NO REASON! Fuck that.

Last edited:
^^^^Thread title is slightly misleading is all. I would be interested in any withdrawal associated with the many alkaloids kratom contains though. Your opioid receptors are covered but beyond dopaminergic activity kratom can be stimulating as well. Caffeine is an adenosine antagonist which is responsible for some of the stimulation in coffee. As kratom is related to coffee it could contain this as well. I believe it also has norepinephrine activity due to yohimbe alkaloids. They have an effect on adrenal glands. (If you take stimulants or coffee that may be mute).

Hey Cf, I just have a couple of issues man. First, we really try to discourage discussion pertaining specifically to price and acquisition of drugs. There are certain instances where we will relax the policy, like "Where can I get a giant bottle of antacids for cheap?", but we don't want to project an image of being a database or gathering point for potential drug buyers/sellers. Not hating on the users/sellers, it's just not our forte!

Basically, OP, it sounds like you have substituted one Opioid for another? I don't mean to take away from the gravity of the situation or how difficult this might have been to accomplish, but I don't want their to be any illusions regarding Kratom as a "miracle drug" or anything. In the end, it comes down to what works best for you; what makes you happiest. I just want everyone to be aware that suddenly withdrawing Kratom supply from a dependent user can be every bit as intense as withdrawal from Morphine.

I can definitely see how it might be more preferable to having to buy Opioids off the street, but I want people to be aware that they are still definitely Opioid dependent. This isn't because I love to see people rocking the scarlet letter, but I don't want them to be hit with a painful and unexpected bitchslap when their supply suddenly or unexpectedly runs out.

Hey Cf, I just have a couple of issues man. First, we really try to discourage discussion pertaining specifically to price and acquisition of drugs. There are certain instances where we will relax the policy, like "Where can I get a giant bottle of antacids for cheap?", but we don't want to project an image of being a database or gathering point for potential drug buyers/sellers. Not hating on the users/sellers, it's just not our forte!

Basically, OP, it sounds like you have substituted one Opioid for another? I don't mean to take away from the gravity of the situation or how difficult this might have been to accomplish, but I don't want their to be any illusions regarding Kratom as a "miracle drug" or anything. In the end, it comes down to what works best for you; what makes you happiest. I just want everyone to be aware that suddenly withdrawing Kratom supply from a dependent user can be every bit as intense as withdrawal from Morphine.

I can definitely see how it might be more preferable to having to buy Opioids off the street, but I want people to be aware that they are still definitely Opioid dependent. This isn't because I love to see people rocking the scarlet letter, but I don't want them to be hit with a painful and unexpected bitchslap when their supply suddenly or unexpectedly runs out.
A CFZRX public service announcement :KRATOM CAUSES MAJOR WD! LOOK AT ME, I HAD TO USE SUBOXONE TO CONQUER IT! - Ok, yes I have substituted a super strong opioid for an arguably weaker opioid, but I bet there are a lot of people just like me who are on SUB and would love to rid themselves of the expense of a kratom habit. It's gonna run ya $50/month at the lowest (buying a kilo at a time). Many prob pay $200 or more per month. And that is the main harm I am running from with my subbies.

There are other possible harms from kratom, but I never experienced any of them until that last crap bag that convinced me to drop the green hound. Basically it comes down to if you're gonna be on buprenorphine long term anyways, why add another habit, especially one that doesn't really help my pain out in any extra way!

^^^^Thread title is slightly misleading is all. I would be interested in any withdrawal associated with the many alkaloids kratom contains though. Your opioid receptors are covered but beyond dopaminergic activity kratom can be stimulating as well. Caffeine is an adenosine antagonist which is responsible for some of the stimulation in coffee. As kratom is related to coffee it could contain this as well. I believe it also has norepinephrine activity due to yohimbe alkaloids. They have an effect on adrenal glands. (If you take stimulants or coffee that may be mute).
Nope, none of the other alkaloids have caused any type of WD. I feel completely fine with only sub and weed. Well, I do drink a good deal of coffee tbph.

CF, I think you know, but I totally was not condescending to you. Everyone has their own method and it all comes down to what works for the individual and what makes them happy.

It's great that you found your personal path to handle your addiction, but I don't really like how you talk about Kratom like it's the devil. A lot of people have used it to come off very potent opioids and personally I'd rather spend 50-200$ a month for a plant than take pills regularly. Still, each to their own.

CF, I think you know, but I totally was not condescending to you. Everyone has their own method and it all comes down to what works for the individual and what makes them happy.
Yeah, I know. You've had plenty of opportunities to yell at me, but were always nice. You don't have to worry about me, I'm not known for taking things personally, or letting debate offend me ;) Carry on, come as you are, etc...
It's great that you found your personal path to handle your addiction, but I don't really like how you talk about Kratom like it's the devil. A lot of people have used it to come off very potent opioids and personally I'd rather spend 50-200$ a month for a plant than take pills regularly. Still, each to their own.
What, the green pitbull? lol, jk, yeah, I'll go ez on the poor plant. I do hope it stays legal, and I will occasionally enjoy a cup of crushed leaf tea once my dependence subsides. IT IS ADMITTEDLY RATHER FORGIVING (whoops caps), and doesn't grab you like say morphine or heroin. You can have a cup a week and not get hooked. Or am I wrong?

yesterday had hard day and relapsed on 4 tsp green borneo. Was high as kite. I guess sub doesn't blunt kratom much after all, at least in that large a dose!

Has anyone else had no major withdrawal from switching from high dose opioids to kratom?

I do it when I run out adn I dont get the bad withdrawal.

Also boys, Im on oxycodone (25-30mg 3-4x day) and I run out so quickly of my medicine because of my neuropathy. Is oxycontin good for pain? Is the pain killer similar to oxycodone or would you reccomend extended release oxycodone instead?

Has anyone else had no major withdrawal from switching from high dose opioids to kratom?

I do it when I run out adn I dont get the bad withdrawal.

Also boys, Im on oxycodone (25-30mg 3-4x day) and I run out so quickly of my medicine because of my neuropathy. Is oxycontin good for pain? Is the pain killer similar to oxycodone or would you reccomend extended release oxycodone instead?
I did indeed WD when switching to K from Opi's. As for the other question, oc=oc, same drug.

Today almost relapsed. Somehow stayed strong. Mornings are the hardest for WD imho, at least if you are using sub to help.

Um... Suboxone for Kratom withdrawal i.m.o. is major overkill bro even if u used a SUPER LOW DOSE of it but that is only way i can even see it being feasible but if your Kratom habit is bad enough to need it I doubt u could even maintain at a low enough dose to make it not over-kill And a very real problem of having A worse Physical Dependence Withdrawal occuring.