• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo nausea (ROA: swallowing the damn pills like a normal person)

k.bear

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I've been having some trouble recently.

I'm an infrequent benzo user (last time was maybe 6 months ago, my main drug of choice has been prescribed codeine of late).

I recently acquired some legit pharma/blistered alprazolam and clonazepam. Whenever I take them (I just swallow the pills like a normal person, none of this snorting nonsense that the disenfranchised youth seem to enjoy so much) they make me quite nauseated, to the point of being essentially incapacitated and having to sleep it off. It's quite frustrating.

This never used to be these case. What happened?

Is there anything that I can do to bring back the glory days of no nausea and supreme chill?

Thanking you all in advance.

At a guess either they're just too damn strong for you or you have developed a change in your biochemistry that causes you to suffer an atypical response.
I'd speak to a doctor.

Doubt that's an option (dr)

Try Benadryl, 25-50mg. It's a good otc anti-emetic. This is certainly an atypical response though, benzos aren't known for causing nausea, even when abused

You sure it's not because you are mixing it with codiene? It causes nausea, and is intensified effects from mixing with benzodiazepines. MKes most sense to me

Nausea is an uncommon side effect, so roughly 1 in 100 to 1 in 1000 people will experience it
Like Lorne said, an antiemetic, like diphenhydramine (can increase side effects like low blood pressure and dizziness, so only take a small dose), might help

Many things can be happening. Your body clearly isn't used to the benzodiazepines. That can have an effect on nausea, like has been previously been stated.

you can also try eating a light snack with your dose. Start your dosages very small and work up.

OP, like others have said, I would recommend starting out by trying an OTC anti-emetic like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and having a decent amount of food in your stomach prior to ingestion of the Benzodiazepines. If this doesn't work, you can move to trying an alternative route of administration. Benzodiazepines are commonly administered by the sublingual route, that is, they will be absorbed by the membranes under your tongue, leading to a fast onset and bypassing the whole digestive system. If this doesn't work, you can give rectal administration a shot.

If all else fails, then I think you will just have to admit that these drugs are no longer for you at the moment.