• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax methods of ingestion

Jaysativa14

Greenlighter
Just wondering what the most effecient mothod of taking xanax would be. (Minus IV, I since I will not be doing that) Im thinking oral seems to be the way to go but is smoking off foil viable? Thanks for your help!

I've never smoked Xanax but it seems like it would be a waste. Maybe someone who's done it will chime in. Xanax has a high bioavailability taken orally. You can dissolve it under your tongue if you want it to kick in faster.

Agreed. eat 'em. works the best for me. and the under-the-toungue-thing works.

Sublingual (under the tongue) comes on very quickly, smoking would not be worth it even if it did have a decent bioavailability. Oral works very good as well.

Xanax likely wouldn't vaporize well anyways, the ratio of active ingredients to full weight of pill is tiny. It might just turn into a big smoldering chunk of burning pill fillers.

I'm not sure how well pure alprazolam powder would vaporize, never tried it. I did try vaporizing etizolam once, it works but its massively inefficient (required a much larger dose then usual). The effects seem to kick in nearly immediately but then they also faded away quickly too.

Actually sublingual slows absorption of xanax, it isn't soluble eniugh

Yiu can still SL, although oral(PO) is the way to go with most benzos, including xanax

Don't smoke them. That is silly

Enjoy and be safe

Cool, thanks dudes. I just ate them. I was a bit underwhelemed but I may have been expecting too much from the hype. I felt it nearly identical to ativan only more sedating. No euphoria. Good potential use for stimulant comedowns but I dont see too much recreational value on their own. I took 2mg and another 2mg about two hours later. It was enoigh to significantly effect my memory but I can recall the feeling of meh. Really, just put me to sleep.

Cool, thanks dudes. I just ate them. I was a bit underwhelemed but I may have been expecting too much from the hype. I felt it nearly identical to ativan only more sedating. No euphoria. Good potential use for stimulant comedowns but I dont see too much recreational value on their own. I took 2mg and another 2mg about two hours later. It was enoigh to significantly effect my memory but I can recall the feeling of meh. Really, just put me to sleep.

This is pretty typical. This topic actually comes up pretty frequently. Folks, I feel tend to believe that Benzodiazepines must have recreational value due to the fact that they are illegal and commonly abused. Usually, the opposite is true and people don't experience euphoria unless of course they suffer from anxiety. The issue with this that I am starting to see, is that people will often take a second dose, as they feel underwhelmed by the first.

The subtle nature of Benzodiazepines is actually a major contributor to their danger. They numb your senses and dis-inhibit, so the decisions is made to take more, which can lead to blackout and all kinds of bad decisions. Jay, I would probably say that 4mg Alprazolam (Xanax) is too high of a dose, but I know you're just experimenting. Just be careful.

Folks, I feel tend to believe that Benzodiazepines must have recreational value due to the fact that they are illegal and commonly abused.
Personally I use them for enhancement to other(s). Not much fun just being a zombie all day and forget everything for me.
Working at a fast pace 2-3 mg in 3 hour rush isn't much... until I get home and smoke. Not sustainable, though.
L-Lysine (not for cold sores) is new to me and works. Had 1 mg xan today and still chill for some reason. Don't feel any need to eat more which is unlike me. Go figure.

I have made my worst decisions of my life on high doses of xanax and/or alcohol... by far.

Actually sublingual slows absorption of xanax,...
I don't know, man... unless it's placebo it melts fast and seems it take about 5-10 rather than 15-30 min for me.

Last edited:
Sublingual is for sure better then oral. Sublingual have shown increased blood-plasma concentration of alprazolam (Xanax) and peak blood plasma levels are reached faster then orally.

In fairness, one study says it's slower at ~2.5 vs 1.5 hours, another says they are about the same at 75 vs 90 minutes

So YYMV, although it isn't significany faster for sure

Just like any other prescription drug, xanax is best taken orally both in terms of safety and the effect, if you really want to you can snort it as well but it at best it makes it take effect a bit faster, but is half of the times a complete waste and as for smoking it, forget about it, it's like a nuclear bomb to your lungs (every pill is) and just like with snorting it, it either doesnt change the high or doesn't work at all.
Cheers!