• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

supplements to help withdrawal

zagor11

Bluelighter
It has been 6 days since I went from 300 mg oxycodone down to 160 mg. My meds to help the withdrawals are gabapentin and I gotta slow down on it because I'm using too much of it. I have Tramadol prescribed by doctor but haven't been using it much. I have clonidine and I use .5 mg because I am scared to use more. I read that for addiction it is ok to go upto 1 mg but I can't believe everything I read. And lastly I got kratom.

I will mention that I don't get any high from oxycodone or any other opoid. I did get a little from gabby but not any more. Well at least I don't have cravings.

My question is if anyone knows how should I use these 4 drugs to help taper and not get addicted. I thought one day use gabby and clonodine and the next day kratom and tramadol. But I read tramadol and kratom is a no-no as well as tramadol dexedrine that I use against sleepiness. Also I use oxycodone 40 mg every 6 hours.

Any advice?

I want to quit oxy and will see how I feel. But until then I need help with tapering

avoid using tramadol, you will get yourself in a SNRI/SSRI withdrawal too. I had effexor prescribed from a rehab in the past and the w/d is same with the tramadol plus the tramadol has the opioid withdrawal properties too. just make a schelude like 10mg oxy minus per week or 10mg oxy minus per 3 days, it really depends on how you feel.

For example if you go -20 mg oxy per week and you reach a certain dosage that makes you uncomfortable, just up it with 10 mg and try cutting less until the transition is comfortable. but don't waste so much time until you are back on a huge dose cause of tolerance.

tappers can last many months, the whole thing about it is to make it comfortable. I would just save the clonidine and gabapentin when you are the least ammount of oxy and about to cold turkey so this way you won't notice the mild withdrawals.

I used to switch between oxy and tramadol back and forth, but it's like changing black socks with yellow socks, in the end you are still wearing socks.

Thanks but looks like it is not going to work. Not that I crave any oxy nor does it work for me but anxiety and depression is the same no matter how much I taper. And it's always there. And it is coming from oxy withdrawal. I also got akathisia (from oxy) but luckily its mild.

it will start to go away over time, but you have to go through it before it starts to get better. The more time spent trying to avoid it only seems to make it worse, and in the long run it seems to always catch up.

Yes I am now almost off ocycodone but gotta deal with gabapentin. Hope it is easier to wd from gaba. The worst symptom that's left from oxy that even gabapentin can't help (unless I abuse it) is pain and weakness and irritability in legs.

Get some magnesium with calcium for RLS
Black Cumin Seed oil 500mg 2-3x day for opiate wd (look it up)
Take .1x3 clonidine every 4-5 hours in the intense part of withdrawal. Less during tapering
Unsure on gaba, never used it long.
I'm about to jump back off cold Turkey perhaps a mg here or there of sub to help. Good luck to you

If you can get an 8mg strip of suboxone try and cut it into 4 quarters take 1 quarter in the morning and 1 qusrter at night...the next day try taking one middle of the day and the next two days cut down even more...clonodine in between...by day 3 the withdrawal symptoms with subside you will have a little bit of the chill for a couple weeks after but not crazy hell of full blown withdrawals. Just dont take the suboxone more than the 4 days so you dont eventually become dependent on it