Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Chaliponga DMT

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I've made a few threads in the past on this stuff but delete them before posting.. This stuff is just so.. strange.. And DMT is already a very strange substance to begin with.

DMT extracts vary depending on the plant source used or even if it is synthetic. I've had the pleasure of trying Acacia confusa, Mimosa hostilis, Phalaris (tricolor), but Chaliponga beats them all in weirdness and depth.

(First I should mention extracts from Chaliponga vary more than any other plant source, so what may be described at times may only apply to certain batches.)

Chaliponga is much more earthy and tribal than Mimosa or Acacia. Whereas the latter two is more a rainbow fractal circus ride careening through the cosmos, Chali is darker, blurry (instead of fractals it's like a moving/breathing water color painting, on the trips with fractals they're often more aztec/mayan/jungle themed) with animal spirits and a more earthly presence.

I also notice more of a narrative or lesson being told on each trip. Mimosa, and Acacia even more, can sometimes be nothing more than a colorful ride. You can bet with Chali you'll come out with a better understanding.

Its mode of action is different as well. Instead of an instant come up, it takes a few minutes to fully build. You have time as you watch it slowly grow and spread through your consciousness. It also lasts quite a bit longer, you'll feel as if your out only to realize it's still there.

The one thing I'll say is that Chali is not as forgiving and will not work with you if you aren't "worthy." It took me years before I could safely enter the Chali realm and when I did I was even told how I wasn't "ready" to in the past.

If you read about freak outs with Chali, from my understanding it is due to this readiness I speak of.. My first time trying it, I tried crawling out of my skin on a tiny dose and it wasn't until years later where I could enterwithout fear.

Idk really strange stuff, never quite know what your gonna get with each new batch but if sourced right it's not a bad plant for extraction. It can be sustainably harvested, and a good source will yield .2-.5%. While this isn't a ton, often its potency is stronger than other sources by an extra 25-75%.

Anyone else have much experience with the stuff?

-GC

Very interesting. It's clear to me that the mixture of different major and minor alkaloids in a plant can dramatically affect the final subjective result. Cannabis is a great example of this, as are mushrooms, and different types of mescaline-containing cacti. Also the full iboga plant vs isolated ibogaine. I wonder what chaliponga contains besides DMT? I almost sounds like there could be an MAOI involved.

Interesting. Chaliponga is said to be orally active without an MAOI so you may be correct, Shadowmeister. It contains 5-MeO-DMT as well as N,N-DMT and is a shrubby type of plant from which the leaves are brewed which might help account for its earthiness in some regard. I think of leaves as more earthy than bark or wood which is more carbon or air based. I have been storing some Chaliponga leaves for several years now but have yet to experiment.
Thanks for reminding me!

I remember the alkaloid content was argued over on the Nexus years ago regarding whether it had 5-MeO-DMT or not. Only one analysis ever has shown it, the rest havent found any. 69ron and others swore they felt it was in there, even I used to think the same thing but now years (and experience) later I believe otherwise.

Based on the experience, I'd lean towards MAOI myself too.. Especially because of the weird duration increase and longer lingering of effects instead of a quick drop off.

I think it's possible some Chali out there has 5-MeO but not often. It can just be some scary shit if your not fully prepared, I'm still semi hesitant with it. People may be equating that intense feel with 5-MeO.

The part that fascinates me is the complete change in overall experience, and the jungle/Aztec feel to it. Makes me contemplate the fact that Chaliponga was used traditionally in the past where as Mimosa and Acacia were not as far as I'm aware. This seems to carry over in the trip..

Weird stuff man.. I seem to always have contact experiences with Chali with something or at least another part of myself, it's almost a guarantee. Not usually the case with other types of DMT.

I'll look around for all analysis I can find, curious myself now what may be causing the differences.

-GC

I will make reborn this thread, at least for a while, I wanted to ask somethign to @G_Chem ...
Are you talking about oral/ayahuasca DMT or vaped dmt extracted?
in my case I can speak of vaping mimosa extract and taking oral syrian rue + chali brew and I agree that with chali the visuals were pretty different and mostly always in darker tones, blue, violet and purple, some dark fucsia and dark gold. It was more or less fractal but certainly slower and more liquid-like, all focusing towards a dark black center on which those frightening enochian characters appeared like a flash.
on mimosa it's much more electric and non-sensical, and alien, not earthy.

That’s a good description. I have since had Chaliponga experiences that were more fractal in nature but by large most have been watercolor’y. There’s fractals but as you said they’re more liquidy, not like the sharp bright rainbow you get with say mimosa.

I’ve actually yet to try Aya still, all my experience is with vaped DMT extracted from various plants.

-GC