• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How do you stop yourself from taking a drug if you send it for lab testing?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
As title. I already have a lock box but you still have the keys so that doesn't change much. No friends to speak of so couldn't leave keys with them. I do have good will power but I like fail-safe mechanisms too; the safer the better eh.

Your title makes barely any sense.

I think you probably mean "How do I stop myself taking a drug while I'm waiting for lab results on it?"

If you can't exert self-control and have no friends to take charge either, maybe you can find a decent safe with a time-lock mechanism that you can't override.

One method that works is to hide the drug somewhere far away from your house, like burry the safe in a marked spot in the woods. That way the hassle of having to drive out to the nature preserve and trek through the woods with a shovel will make you much less likely to go through with it.

I had a friend who was a heroin addict who used to do this when he'd come into a large amount of heroin and had to make it last for several days/weeks. He knew if it was sitting right in front of him he'd never be able to do it, but by making it a hassle to get he could make it last a lot longer.

You could also use something like this: https://www.thekitchensafe.com/

Just got one myself recently although haven't used it yet. I think even those who consider themselves to have an iron will could probably benefit from such a device, I mean, we all have moments of weakness and act impulsively at times.

^ It's almost definitely breakable, considering it's just plastic, even if hopefully quite thick and sturdy plastic - but no doubt requires a little more effort to break open than just turning a key in a lock-box... :) As well as the cost of replacing it! Assuming that you do buy another of course, and don't just give up after smashing open the first one. =D

It's a willpower augmentation device though, not a complete replacement. If someone's determined enough then no amount of barriers will stop them.