• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is a water cure actually a thing?

Yeah...I used to loosely fill a gallon glass jar w/ buds (still on the stem) then wire, or weigh it down in a 75 degree
aquarium, just deep enough so the lid (punched w/ holes) was just above the water line

I think the taste & flavor were the best aspects, I produced a S. American red strain that had a chocolatey flavor

Yeah...I used to loosely fill a gallon glass jar w/ buds (still on the stem) then wire, or weigh it down in a 75 degree
aquarium, just deep enough so the lid (punched w/ holes) was just above the water line

I think the taste & flavor were the best aspects, I produced a S. American red strain that had a chocolatey flavor

Uh, that's not what water curing is...

...zwut my "water curing" is

more of a sweat cure, but works much better

The flavors that come forward when you delete the chlorophyll can be outstanding

Remember it being the better part of a week
I do recall trying the drowning water cure method too, but seems it yielded just a tea leaf type flavor only

it's more of a black market thing. not aware of any major producers that use it, and all the weed that I've smoked that I have seen grown and dried, the best is hung for about 2 weeks in 60F 60% humidity, then placed in a container for another 5-7 days.

The trimming process also seems to have a fairly big impact on final product. Dry trimming seems to have better results than wet trimming.