• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I think there is some sort of drug fume coming through my kitchen vent from neighbour

alasthope

Greenlighter
I am a VERY chemically sensitive person. The block of flats I live in currently has hundreds of people in it, not the nicest place and many are on benefits so drugs are probably no uncommon.

Last year, I would randomly get this really strong chip fat smell, but it had this chemical sort of waste smell to it, like a dank after smell. This would happen every say 3 months, the same smell every time.

Recently it has happened a lot and the other day the smell was so strong, that I was genuinely walking round the city spaced out and dissociated to fuck, I was standing in front of the kitchen vent trying to decipher the smell. I thought nothing of it until later, when I just felt out of this world. I have problems with dissociation, but I didn't actively stress to much about this smell, as annoying as it was. I was in the library and it just suddenly hit, me like I can't even read properly.

It's really unfortunate because I am trying to get well.

I have a feeling someone is cooking up drugs and it's being vented into my flat or the fumes are strong enough to seep down into my flat. What does the smell of cooked ketamine smell like, meth, crack?

Alright friend I can probably help you with this one..

Let's start with the origins and nature of this smell. You state it is coming from the kitchen vent. Is this vent on System which supplies multiple units or just yours?

No matter how you answer that.. If it was a system closed to just your unit, you wouldn't be smelling it and if you did it wouldn't be isolated to just one vent. Same kind of applies for a system which supplies a building, if someone was cooking the smell would be carried throughout the building. (Learned this one the hard way, exhaust fan stopped on a grow, my entire building smelled rank when I got home.. Years later found out DEA had an operation in the unit below me but apparently the black crack heads they were set up to watch were more important heh.)

Next if such smell was to cause you problems, it would have done so immediately not later on at the library.

I know you don't want to hear this, but based on your self admitted past history, this is 99% likely psychosomatic response.

I highly recommend you watch the Netflix series "Afflicted." It goes into your likely condition which many others suffer from. This will only get worse unless you do the work now to get yourself better. The symptoms are real but the cause is not.

I wish you the best, truly..

With all that said, I'll at least ask, what does the smell resemble?

-GC

Last edited:
Alright friend I can probably help you with this one..

Let's start with the origins and nature of this smell. You state it is coming from the kitchen vent. Is this vent on System which supplies multiple units or just yours?

No matter how you answer that.. If it was a system closed to just your unit, you wouldn't be smelling it and if you did it wouldn't be isolated to just one vent. Same kind of applies for a system which supplies a building, if someone was cooking the smell would be carried throughout the building. (Learned this one the hard way, exhaust fan stopped on a grow, my entire building smelled rank when I got home.. Years later found out DEA had an operation in the unit below me but apparently the black crack heads they were set up to watch were more important heh.)

Next if such smell was to cause you problems, it would have done so immediately not later on at the library.

I know you don't want to hear this, but based on your self admitted past history, this is 99% likely psychosomatic response.

I highly recommend you watch the Netflix series "Afflicted." It goes into your likely condition which many others suffer from. This will only get worse unless you do the work now to get yourself better. The symptoms are real but the cause is not.

I wish you the best, truly..

With all that said, I'll at least ask, what does the smell resemble?

-GC

That's an excellent response and I truly appreciate the time and sentiment

I am unsure of where the vent connects to but I imagine it to be part of a larger set of vents that connect to my kitchen extractor. The strange thing is the infrequency of the smell before and also that it is the same smell (mostly) Surely if there were cooking it would be a different smell, although it might just be a deep fat fryer.

I think you are right that it is psychosomatic.

Many thanks kind stranger!

Did it happen when the weather suddenly turned cold? If the HVAC system switches to heat after a long time of being on air/cool the excess dust is burned off and it causes a smell. Sorry I can't help you further than that.