Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ECPLA and LAMPA (novel lysergamides)

Viraldrome

Bluelighter
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00216-018-1558-9

I came across that paper on drug screening the new lysergamides and noticed one i never heard of

N-ethyl-N-cyclopropyl lysergamide (ECPLA),

so i looked around, nothing here and i found a paper on it and

N-methyl-N-propyl lysergamide (LAMPA)

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00213-018-5055-9

Both supposedly active in mice ^^^. I wonder if these will come out commercially? MIPLA is awesome. I found one reference to LAMPA in an old archived thread. Does anyone know anything about these? I thought it weird there would be a paper about testing for a substance not available....

You've tried MIPLA? I haven't yet and unsure if I'm going to bother getting any. it sounds like but almost all reports state it to be underwhelming and not that exciting.

Cool I hope these hit the market too!

We shouldn't give up on MIPLA yet, I reckon it's going to be one of these ones that just needs to be dosed a lot higher - like 200ug-300ug or maybe it will even end up being 400ug. It won't be as efficient as the other lysergamides, but from what I've sensed on 100ug of the stuff, it's very nice. If you read Shulgin's diary notes on the substance, his crew makes it sound pretty special, so I think it deserves more of a shake than we as a community have given it so far.

At the end of the day, if it takes a few more tabs to fully trip on it, and that trip is very high quality (which I think it will be), it's totally fine. Spending a few more bucks for the privilege of exploring this rare and beautiful chemical is totally worth it.

Anyways I need to test it out at 300ug before I hype it up any more.

I've seen mentions of ECPLA somewhere on another forum. A test batch was made a few years ago to test its viability as a gray market product. I got the impression that they decided it wasn't worth producing. People said it was qualitative similar to LSZ, with 300ug producing mediocre effects and uncomfortable body load.

I don't know much about the effects of LAMPA, but I have seen papers that mentioned it. IIRC the potency is something like 1/10 the potency of LSD, which means it probably isn't worth producing even if the effects are nice.

After the discovery of LSD, a lot of analogs were made and tested, and most of them don't seem very promising. LSB and LSP seem like the only ones left that have potential based on their potency in animals. I don't know anything about their effects in humans.

You've tried MIPLA? I haven't yet and unsure if I'm going to bother getting any. it sounds like but almost all reports state it to be underwhelming and not that exciting.

I love MIPLA personally, 200 mics is a very mild dose though. I like the weaker lysergics, AL-LAD in high doses is awesome. The only lysergic i didn't like so far was ETH-LAD, which I'm pretty sure is more potent than LSD. I might even try LSM even though there seems to be no one who likes that one. I'm more interested in things these days are similar but different to LSD rather than say 1B-LSD which sounds like 1P-LSD.
Thanks for replies, I was hoping this was something that might come out, but it sounds like probably won't

After the discovery of LSD, a lot of analogs were made and tested, and most of them don't seem very promising. LSB and LSP seem like the only ones left that have potential based on their potency in animals. I don't know anything about their effects in humans.

What about PRO-LAD? Or are you just talking about substitutions on that "top" end of the molecule?

Sounds like LAMPA is out at that potency, and ECPLA with a similar quality to LSZ but lower potency won't be a winner either.

ETH-LAD, which I'm pretty sure is more potent than LSD. I might even try LSM even though there seems to be no one who likes that one.

I'm pretty sure about ETH-LAD being more potent than LSD too. It's my fave of the LSD analogues for sure, followed by AL-LAD.
I'd love to try LSM too, but it's so damn precious, can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that. Although when I think about it, it's totally worth it. I totally think it could be an overlooked gem.

Last edited:
I was just talking about the ones that might come out at some point. It's been said that 6 substitutions won't be made any more. But maybe another lab will make PRO-LAD at some point. If that happens, I hope they make some IP-LAD too.

Gotcha. IP-LAD .. tantalizing.. isopropyl group at the 6 sub.
IP-LAD must be the young son of IP-MAN

I know this would never be practical anytime soon, but it would be cool to see some R6 and R2 (is that the sub at the top?) substitution combos.

edit: why don't we ever see vinyl groups on these substitutions? I vaguely remember that it's impossible or toxic or something.
edit2: oh probably because they form polymers?

Last edited:
mipla is awesome?

isn't mipla basically a waste of production capacity when they should be focusing on r6 subs (both eth and al and novel ones), more 1a and that one awesome r1 sub

edit: why don't we ever see vinyl groups on these substitutions? I vaguely remember that it's impossible or toxic or something.
edit2: oh probably because they form polymers?

Even getting that vinyl group on that nitrogen would present a major problem - you cannot use normal alkylation techniques, because vinyl carbocations are ridiculously unstable.

Even assuming you did manage to pull it off somehow, vinyl groups like to undergo polymerization, and enamines like to tautomerize into imines which are susceptible to hydrolysis.

mipla is awesome?

isn't mipla basically a waste of production capacity when they should be focusing on r6 subs (both eth and al and novel ones), more 1a and that one awesome r1 sub

What is this awesome R1 sub of which you speak? You mentioned it in the other thread as being the best of both worlds of ETH-LAD and LSD, sounds perfect. Indeed it would be a shame if they weren't producing this one when it's possible.

Even getting that vinyl group on that nitrogen would present a major problem - you cannot use normal alkylation techniques, because vinyl carbocations are ridiculously unstable.

Even assuming you did manage to pull it off somehow, vinyl groups like to undergo polymerization, and enamines like to tautomerize into imines which are susceptible to hydrolysis.

Thanks for the explanation Hodor, makes sense.

>What is this awesome R1 sub of which you speak? You mentioned it in the other thread as being the best of both worlds of ETH-LAD and LSD, sounds perfect. Indeed it would be a shame if they weren't producing this one when it's possible.
structure never released, just codename (currie), molecular weight and formula, r1 sub

https://i.imgur.com/eyXCZse.png fits all of these criteria

then there was cameron

https://i.imgur.com/9r0Pm74.png

which was meh

and proof I actually had any of this:

https://i.imgur.com/jEhZ6NP.jpg

erdos was later revealed to be 1p-eth-lad

Holy smokes that's wild.

So you know for sure that currie was solely an R1 sub of LSD, and not some R1 + R6 sub, or some other combo sub? Just wondering if it could have been 1a-ETH-LAD or ETH-LSZ or something (not that I've calculated the molar weights of those)

With a name like "currie" maybe it was a radioactive isotope sub =D

Currie, Cameron, Erdos how exciting.
I have to admit I spent a bit of time zoomed into that image trying to ID everything.

Wow, what do ya know, people are doing lots of stuff... surprises me this is the first I've heard of it. But really cool!

Really cool indeed !! I'm pretty surprised to hear about a R1 sub analogue that's significantly different from LSD. If there was no structure, how do you know for sure that it is indeed an R1 substituted analogue?

>What is this awesome R1 sub of which you speak? You mentioned it in the other thread as being the best of both worlds of ETH-LAD and LSD, sounds perfect. Indeed it would be a shame if they weren't producing this one when it's possible.
structure never released, just codename (currie), molecular weight and formula, r1 sub

https://i.imgur.com/eyXCZse.png fits all of these criteria

then there was cameron

https://i.imgur.com/9r0Pm74.png

which was meh

and proof I actually had any of this:

https://i.imgur.com/jEhZ6NP.jpg

erdos was later revealed to be 1p-eth-lad

If the chemist(s) who ran these trials decides not to produce these chemicals for the market, for whatever reason, it's their prerogative. But it would be really good if they at least released the official word on what "currie" was (and so on), just for the sake of future chemists who might be able to chase that avenue.

Lost knowledge on these chemicals would be tragic. I hope they release information from their experimentation to the public. I mean where would we be right now if Shulgin had kept all of his explorations to himself in coded journals, just in case he wanted to patent something?

ECPLA​

ethyl-cyclopropyl-lysergamide​

will be out soon, maybe already but site is shut down for Jesus's birthday. I knew I read about this stuff somewhere

Also 1p-MiPla is on the way (1p-methyl-isopropyl-lysergamide)

lol, Jesus christ, 50k posts.

I can't get too excited about the 1-subs of existing lysergamides as I have not found any of the 1-sub LSD analogues to be different enough to be truly considered different drugs in my mind, but new substitution patterns entirely are extremely exciting to me. :)