View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamine ; experienced ; need help gelling

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
I?m sort of in a rut at the moment with regards to Tryptamines and Lysergamides (the only drugs I injest, beside Cannabis and Coffee). I really enjoy these, even need them from time to time in order to help remind me of the things I?m striving for and keep my sometimes raging ego in check.
But these days, no matter what the dosage (set and setting is fine, our house, no impending contracts, etc.), I cannot escape the incredible temperature swings that come on as within an hour of injestion. It goes for 4-HO-MET, 1P-LSD or ETH-LAD. Even 10mg of 4-HO left me in a soaked sweat recently, praying to come down. That?s a small to average dose.

In my past, I never had these temp/heat effects, but only ever had access to actual LSD (80s-90s, so most likely L25).
I don?t think it?s a case of research chems vs pure old L, but just makes me go hmmm.

I?m trying to weed out whether it?s the weed I take (vape oil cartridges, who knows what?s really in them!) during trips, or the coffee I drink daily. I take both daily, so that?s the problem; when I trip, I want to keep everything else at my normal baseline, so I include these during psych sessions. I?m aware I should try to trip without to see for myself, but seriously end up doing it accidentally every time.

I guess I?m just hoping someone else has made a connection between these kind of temperature effects and foods, coffee or cannabis being negative contributors regarding pysical effects.

I just wish I could take ?em like I used to!
Anyone else go thru this period and make it back to psychedelic times without the crap body stuff?
What are your thoughts?
Thanks!

I doubt it's from coffee. And if you're accustomed to weed it shouldn't really be from that either. Anyways, maybe try reducing your intake a bit before tripping, see if that helps. I wouldn't cut it out completely, you'd probably get the temperature swings even worse from withdrawl =D

IME these temperature swings are sort of psycho-somatic, as in they are triggered by mental activity, and then they become a sort of feedback cycle where I'm getting hotter because I'm getting hotter, or vice versa.. The way I've coped with them is to just let them happen, not to make a problem out of it. They're sort of cleansing, like if I get really hot it's because I'm burning off some karmic thing. If I'm cold I just bundle up, if I'm sweating my ass off, just strip down.

Sorry this isn't that helpful...

I do find tryptamines are prone to this kind of thing.

Maybe you're going through menopause =D

Thanks Hylight and Perpetualdawn.
This is helpful, and reassuring. I can see the angle of karmic melting working for me - just allowing it and not freaking out.
On the other hand, maybe I will try to get some real L, just to eliminate that theory (been decades).
Also, this reminds me that I always used to trip empty stomached.
Thanks again and happy trips . . .