View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychs and heart harm

Hexagon Sun

Bluelighter
What are the more harming psychs to the heart? And the lesser ones?. How its the damage done? What mechanism? Any way to lessen or harm reduct the effects?

I do some mid/long rounds of microdosing regimens, sometimes one or 2 months taken every two days (one day on one day off). I do it mostly with 2ce, doc or doi. Some 5-meo-dmt anechdotal takes too.

Currently Im 2-3 months without taking it but Im having some light aches in the heart zone, something like "electric zaps" inside that comes and goes. Im 40, by the way. Quite sedentary in winter time.

Im not saying that is related to the microdosing regime, but I would like to just learn about the topic and amake my microdosing rounds the most redution harming possibly because at emotional/spiritual/creative level are just godsends to my particular biochemistry

Sadly, I don't think we currently have a very good understanding of the potential cardiovascular risks associated with regular psychedelic use. I'm not aware of any longitudinal studies looking specifically at heart valvular disease in psychedelic users. That said, 5-HT2B agonism is the main concern. Phenethylamines are typically worse than tryptamines in this regard, if I understand correctly, although there might be exceptions to that trend.

Thanks for that keys, Applecore!. Is a shame because I prefer phens and longer durations. My fave is something like 0.1mgs of DOC for a glorious sparkly day... If the guilty is the 5-HT2B agonism maybe I should look to 5-HT2B antagonists? Does it even exists? Hehe

Thanks again, Apple, lets see what google thinks about this

Edit after one hour googling it, the only natural sustance that it seems that helps is resveratrol, so supplementing it while microdosing or drinking some red wine seems like a good idea.

There?s some novel pharms that can be helpful too, but it seemed expensive and most probably via presciption

Last edited:
5-ht2b agonism is definitely a cardiovascular risk BUT people took fenfluramine daily for years before they started having heart attacks. Overall I think it's much more likely that any "electric zaps" you feel from microdosing are just mild HPPD.

5-ht2b contributes to cardiac hypertrophy:

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.108.191122

Simply put it's very unlikely your heart got significantly bigger in a month.

(There is something amusing in that MDMA gives you a bigger heart, metaphorically and literally)

Super interesting info... Thanks!

My case is more complex, as I have been taking effexor for years, probably 4 or 5 in total. Also did a lot of Katovit (Prolintane) in my teenies, so yeah, my heart has received a lot of 5-ht2b impact, mostly for the holly toxic effexor. It?s that I have discovered it recently, because the heart zaps are very real. (they dont happen under the effect, but sober)

It?s nice to know that comparatively the microdose regiment is probably peanuts compared with the pharma drugs. And if shulgin arrived to the nineties, I guess it wouldnt be that bad