• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What the hell?!?

justbeingmebc

Greenlighter
I love the euphoria and energy I get from opiates. Oxycodone in particular. But why is it sometimes they have the opposite effect and make me tired. What's up with that. Either I'm nodding or I'm ready to take on the world. Suggestions on how I can always get the desired affect. Thnx in advance

are you always using oxy or are there other opiates in the mix...ive known several people that got a burst of energy from oxy and even heroin, but not as often as with oxy. maybe its dose related; even if opiates usually make you feel like youre on a stimulant, take a large enough dose and theyre bound to bring you down.
or else fake/pressed oxy or combining other drugs with them, or maybe you were just really tired that day. try evening doses out see if that helps

Same here.

Oxycodone replaced amphetamines, with a lot of benefits (addiction aside).

I'm since more than a year on 20-30mg/day, golden rules. I don't want to take more and increase my tolerance. I use oxy to keep my health stable, i'm happy enough to feel well.
But I feel you on this. I strongly advice you either use a potentiator (Proglumide works greatly) or make some breaks, or try something different. If from opioids you are seeking the euphoric / energetic / stimulating effect, then give a try to:

- Tapentadol (cheap, OK kick, but least less and it's weaker)
- Tilidine, even if oxy tolerance is high, on me it still works GREATLY, even with 100 mg orally taken. It least 3-5 hours, it's a very stable and energetic high, and costs 10x less than oxy. One of the most underrated opiates IMO.
- Hydrocodone (pure or CWE, not this crap with ibuprofen inside), sadly if you have high oxy tolerance won't work
- Oxymorphone (opana), no needs to add anything else. It's simply the best for this.
- O-DSMT. Like tramadol, acting on Dopamine receptors, and not being so risky (still you need to pay attention) like tramadol, PLUS it's legal on most country and least long - could be your perfect match.

If you live in EU or Sud Africa, you may try to find the holy grail of opiates: Ketobemidone, Piritramide or Dipipanone. I'd give a kidney for those ones :D

Hope my advices will be helpful.

Best regards

Forgive me for being short, but Opioids are well known for their sedative effects. The term "Narcotic" is a term that essentially means, "will make you sleep". The thing is man, you have the internet at your fingertips. If I were you, I would definitely make an attempt to familiarize yourself with some of these drugs prior to using them. All you would need to do is pull up Wikipedia -> Opioid and your question could be answered in a matter of seconds.

People tend to think I'm trying to be condescending when I say this sort of thing to people, but I'm not. I want everyone here on the forums to be effective researchers. It's mutually beneficial. If you become a great researcher, you can both answer your own questions with ease and contribute said knowledge to the community!

There are so many variables at play here that there would be no easy way of answering why one experience is different than another.

I happen to be quite familiarized with opioids and benzos. I went backwards starting at meth, making a pitstop at coke, and now the last 10 or so years opioids and benzos. It just seems like lately they are not floating my boat I suppose...Its funny you tell me I need to do my homework on this stuff as I happen to be that "person" to research and read all the fine print of whatever I'm doing. Thank you for the replies. Definitely a great place to hangout and learn about harm reduction. For me it must be time to move on. I did just get some sample Kratom so kind of excited to try that after my week break.

Hey man, just so you know, I absolutely was not accusing you of being ignorant or anything like that. It was more of a statement than anything. I just really don't want you to think I'm like that. We don't have a lot of options for expressing ourselves emotionally over the forums. Just like "texting" IRL there is often ample room on both sides of the screen for misinterpretation and such. I'm not saying you have! I just want everyone to respect each other and want you to know I respect you guys!

It's a mystery. I've had both Hydrocodone and Oxycodone make me sleepy at times, and energetic other times. One time it made me excessively sleepy, only to wear off a few minutes later and give me lots of energy. They give me energy most of the time, though. NOTE: I don't take other things with them, such as Benzos. I guess it just works differently for different people.

Its actually a surprise to me to find out that people get energy from opiates, then again I've never done anything other than codeine but when I do codeine I always just lie down and listen to music, I have a hard time keeping my eyes open and sometimes (with over 1000 mg doses) I have episodes where I pass out every 10 minutes and then wake up again, eventually falling asleep, I wouldnt even imagine using it as a party drug, since I dont want to talk to anybody or even move from my bed while I'm on it.