• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cycloastragenol Is A Potent Telomerase Activator In Neuronal Cells.

Bravoncius Roxford

Bluelighter
Cycloastragenol is a terpenoid-like molecule present in the roots of the Chinese medicinal plant, Astragalus Membranaceus. It has been shows to be a highly potent enzymatic inducer of telomerase in immune, skin and neuronal cells.

Like many other phytochemicals, CA is not very orally bioavailable. The oral bioavailability can be as low as 0.5% depending on individual stomach PH, plasma protein binding and first by-pass metabolism. And the actual active molecule in plasma might be lower due to extensive glucuronidation. However, a special formulation that cost millions of Dollars and took 10 years of development called TA-65 increases oral bioavailability to over 80%. It utilizes micronized CA in a hydoxypropyl methylcellulose layer of multiple molecular weights. The hypromellose matrix allows CA to avoid hydrolysis in the stomach, and the micronization allows absorption by diffusion through the intestinal walls.

CA potently induces telomerase in several brain regions. This would indicate effectiveness in the treatment of dementia and other pathologies of old age as well as recovering from brain injuries.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...med/25095809&usg=AOvVaw2mYQP_PyFbYkIslmmTSHlJ

Cycloastragenol also cures erectile disfunction baldness and cancer. You too can buy into this bullshit

Cycloastragenol might actually cause cancer since it is a telomerase inductor, which is exactly the reason why I don't take it. As for erectile dysfunction and baldness, I have never read anything from the Geron Corporation that developed TA-65 or any other CA seller that it cures either alopecia or sexual impotence. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think novaveritas is calling out quackery in a colorful way. If this were at all not garbage then I would be able to find more papers on this compound in journals that have an impact that is higher than a thrown crumpled tissue, as the paper was from 2014.

I think novaveritas is calling out quackery in a colorful way. If this were at all not garbage then I would be able to find more papers on this compound in journals that have an impact that is higher than a thrown crumpled tissue, as the paper was from 2014.

There are actually plenty of papers on Pubmed about CA being a telomerase activator.