• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting Ephedrine

M0NSTER

Bluelighter
Hello,

I recently obtain a significant amount of ephedrine and I'm wondering if anyone has info (personal or otherwise) about BOA for different ROA. I am an injection drug user but am not opposed to just taking it orally. I know it is possible to inject. Has anyone injected it? Is it water soluble? Is the IV vs oral consumption vastly different; does it last longer? I'm reading a lot on erowid, but most people take it orally and there is not much info about different methods of consumption. I'm interested in hearing personal accounts, or please direct me to other info.

You're right, there's not a huge amount of literature on the subject, but for ephedrine, unlike some other weak bases like amphetamine, oral bioavailability is high (over 80% iirc), so few bother taking it any other way. As for IV, though water soluble, I doubt many go this route as it's not generally regarded as a 'fun' drug like meth or amps, and tends to cause rather potent peripheral and cardiac effects.

Therea no point in ephidrene as it is recreationally imo.

Best of luck to you but it's a precursor and not much good as it is, dont think you'll find much info using it as it is.

You're right, there's not a huge amount of literature on the subject, but for ephedrine, unlike some other weak bases like amphetamine, oral bioavailability is high (over 80% iirc), so few bother taking it any other way. As for IV, though water soluble, I doubt many go this route as it's not generally regarded as a 'fun' drug like meth or amps, and tends to cause rather potent peripheral and cardiac effects.

Thank you for the reply! I'm wondering perhaps I can try injecting both my opiates and the ephedrine simultaneously like a poor man's speedball...

Do you happen to know a 'common' dose? I know it is dependant on many other factors. Have you used ephedrine recreationally? I feel that I read somewhere that 32mg is a low starting dose, and other people start at 100mg?

Therea no point in ephidrene as it is recreationally imo.

Best of luck to you but it's a precursor and not much good as it is, dont think you'll find much info using it as it is.

Interesting, is that because it's weak compared to other amps? Have you used it? And if so: what was your dosage and roa?

Ephidrene is not methamphetamine, it's very similar to meth and other drugs but....its not recreational and that s as comfortable as I get here, I just hope you are not advertising this as having a large quantity isnt advantageous for anyone that doesnt have severe sinus issues.

Enjoy, but you wont.

Yeah OP, I didn't realise you weren't aware that ephedrine is not a recreational drug - it's not even going to give you a poor man's speedball with heroin.

It's reasonable at low doses (<20mg) if you want to boost a workout as it gives more energy/adrenaline, but it's definitely not recreational. It's not able to cross the blood brain barrier effectively, so doesn't get into the brain much.

Most activity is peripheral, on the heart, the vascular system, so you'll get horrible vasoconstriction, tachycardia etc. But it won't feel good. And the higher the dose, the more potent the unpleasant side effects.

Thank you for the feedback! I will take it into consideration

I suppose I will take it when I go out dancing for an extra boost of energy :)

Yeah, well have fun, prol better off with a Jager Bomb or two and a guarana, save that eph for the flu season .

Definitely don't do that. Ephedrine is a potent peripheral nervous system stimulant (much more so than amphetamines and methamphetamine), and that means that large and sudden dosages from injection could put a huge strain on your cardiovascular system. The bioavailability of ephedrine is high orally, and it doesn't really cause any psychoactive effect anyways. Plus, the injection route has its own risks medically speaking, no matter what drug it is. So, given that ephedrine won't really get you high anyways, however you take it, injecting it is just an unnecessary risk IMO.

Thank you for the information! I will not IV it, and I imagine that is likely why I haven't been able to find much information about injecting ephedrine in my online searches

Definitely don't do that. Ephedrine is a potent peripheral nervous system stimulant (much more so than amphetamines and methamphetamine), and that means that large and sudden dosages from injection could put a huge strain on your cardiovascular system. The bioavailability of ephedrine is high orally, and it doesn't really cause any psychoactive effect anyways. Plus, the injection route has its own risks medically speaking, no matter what drug it is. So, given that ephedrine won't really get you high anyways, however you take it, injecting it is just an unnecessary risk IMO.

Just want to reiterate, be mindful of the cardiac problems this can bring

I think the only times injecting ephedrine is a good idea is for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and anaphylaxis