View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mimosa Pudica extraction

crescentry

Bluelighter
Does anyone know of a tek to extract the 5-meo-dmt from the roots of the Mimosa Pudica plant as well as separating it from the mimosene?

Never used it, or actually even extracted DMT myself. I'm going to look it up. Never heard of mimosene either.

Mimosene is some sort of toxic alkaloid found in M. Pudica which makes it hard to isolate the dmt because the a/b extraction pulls both of them out. All three times I tried extracting it in different ways, and all three times it produced this gross-looking toxic goo.

I don't believe there is any DMT or DMT-related compound in Mimosa Pudica. In my quick search just now, some sources are saying none, others are saying there may be a small amount -- I would just try a different plant that has a higher concentration of DMT/5-MeO DMT and none of that mimosine. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT#Mimosa_spp.

And is 5-MeO-DMT specifically what you want rather than N,N-DMT? There's definitely a difference between the two, 5-MeO being an analogue of DMT. I'd assume you're aware of this if you're planning to extract but just clarifying in case. Anyway, I cannot help you with extraction but I do believe Erowid still has extraction methods listed. The process for DMT and 5-MeO should be the same, but there should be extractions for both on there.

Last edited: