• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Still legal to import gbl to UK as far as I could read online.

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
There seems to be somewhat of a wall of silence online as to anything definitive about that. I don't know if that is cos the ghb lovers are not wanting to ruin the party or what, or maybe just since it isn't a really popular substance for most due to its stigma so not going to garner much discussion, but I wanted to get confirmation on this and could find no discussions of anything definitive.

Well I looked myself at the source....gov.uk and did a search for gbl (full name) and the only mention regarding laws was one passed in the later noughties (an amendment to the misuse of drugs act) which added it there but added the clause for human consumption making it still perfectly legal for industrial use etc.

I read that the government would not want to make it totally illegal since it is heavily involved in industry for the making for plastics and other such things so it would not be feasible to force all those legit businesses to have to change up and also lose the tax they make on it. In fact those reasons are even stated in either that paper or an ACMD report advising them before it was banned- both which are on the gov website.

I don't know what clearer evidence there could be but I would just like clarification.

I can't see how this would have anything to do with the psychoactive substances bill since that one specifically stated that anything not covered by the misuse of drugs act, plus the use in industry clause mentioned already.

I found I can get ghb recently but know little off it is there a big dandy thread for it

it seems to be very unclear what can and can't be imported into the UK now after the PS Act. It seems to all depend on what The Powers That Be deem 'psychoactive'. I never managed to get a straight answer whether kratom is still legal to buy as I don't think it was specifically listed in the Act. Nonetheless all the UK kratom vendors shut up shop because they deemed it too risky to continue selling.

if you do order something - and it's intercepted by customs - I guess you can always deny knowledge of it. After all, anybody can send you anything without you asking....

12 years ago GBL was going to be gone, so I thought, which prompted to end my addiction to it. Living in the Netherlands btw. So it was weird that I got talking to a youngster who was still in that GBL/ GHB addiction faze. Instead of disappearing it's getting bigger and bigger. Whole desolated village's with shutters down behind which Amphetamin an GBL/ GHB fueled inhabitants recide.

Apperently the GBL is still available for graffiti removal, alloy cleaning and other industrial purposes. You will have to provide a Chamber of Commerce number and a legit reasoning to buy the stuff. But when there is a way that easy we all know it will be used. Which explains the purity and quality these 'cleaning ' products have.

So over here it's everywhere, luckily they caught up on how to treat addiction to it. With Xyrem, which is medical GHB and was in their medical pharmacology anyway. Took them a while to realise that. But hey better late then never. But I am all over that stuff way to addicting and short acting imo.

What's even more funny is how the initial ban on rc's was ruled incorrect, in court probably. As the gouvernement used the psychoactive part to label it under the medicin act and to forbid sale. But the 'not for human consumption' eventually won using the law. :)

Last edited: