• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles have zero effect, tolerance issues?

DoctorMolecule

Bluelighter
My wife and I recently got some brownies from a friend. We both ate two each. About an hour later my wife said the room was spinning and felt a warm glow in her body. As for me- I didn?t feel shit, not even the slightest intoxication.
What?s going on here? Could her brownies have been more potent than mine even if it came from the same batch? Is my tolerance so huge that it didn?t even phase me. Was I actually high but just didn?t ?feel? high? Do I metabolize THC differently?

Your thoughts are appreciated

How much weed do you use in a week? Vaporizer, smoke? Do you use concentrates?

Edibles are weird for me. It takes me more and I am not a big smoker. 1/4 gr a day. Or a gram vape cartridge last 2-3 weeks. But edibles can either do very little to me or annihilate me. My cousin once had a funny joke on how different edibles are to smoking or vaping. He said it was like eating a handful of pills. (just thought that was funny. :) )

What works for my wife with an edible I have to supplement with a puff or two to kick it in. They are either too strong or too weak.

I am starting to get use to the pens. And NY is on the fast track to legalize (they want to fix the subways quick). But I am still old fashioned and need hits of bud out of a glass pipe. Again, I consider myself a light user. One of these pens that last me 3 weeks I have seen people go through in 2 days. But they just keep hitting it and that is a waste to me. I like waiting till night. Always works and keeps the tolerance down.

Ive had experiences like that when cooking my own edibles, a strong dosage will do almost nothing sometimes and the exact same dosage from the same batch cooked the same way will have me laughing for hours on end and completely roasted despite being appropiately decarbed and cooked both times, and I dont abuse cannabis, very rarely do I use it.

One of my wife's inlaws isn't affected by edibles but when we smoke he gets stoned like everyone else. Perhaps your liver produces more CyP enzymes than in most people, so your liver metabolizes the delta and the hydroxy thc into carboxy thc faster than your stomach can absorb it. There probably haven't been any scientific studies done on this anomaly so we can only guess.

With edibles this is not an uncommon issue. Until we have real studies to back up our slightly educated guesses all we can do is guess why one person is radically different.

I have been using edibles daily for 5 years with minimal issues. Large meals before a dose or bloated upset stomach are the only issues I've encountered and once they are understood it's easy to avoid. My partner uses 3X the amount of edibles as I do to reach a similar place. I use daily at least 2 times at 70mg he rarely uses but doesn't feel much below 200mg.

I dont smoke but my girl is a daily smoker. Usually just small chillem bowls consistently throughout the day. Not a heavy smoker, but consistent with her thc levels. The guy i get hers from is always giving me free edibles for her, and she has the same issue. Claims she flat out gets little to no effect from edibles man.

For people who smoke consistently it may be a more subtle effect that your body is so accustomed to you dont really feel it? Idk tho just spit balling

This happened to me when i made edibles, except i only smoke every weekend or so, so it definently wasn't tolerance issues for me.

Sometimes edibles don't work for the first few times, or you just don't notice the high as much as smoking

I recommend using omega 3 for at least a month daily before you decide edibles are not working. Omega 3 converts into an amino acid in your liver that is needed to convert delta 9 thc into delta 11. Having an ample supply is necessary for edibles to be effective.

Dopa is also required for the increase in dopamine you need to experience any cerebral improvement. There are no good single sites that really explain the complex of needed chemistry for edibles to be effective. But your liver is key and if you have drank it to near death you may not have great results at first. I was using for 4 years before it became apparent I was experiencing a massive mental change. I stopped drinking because it seemed pointless and my liver has improved according to my doctor. I think he's right but it could just be a placebo effect.

Everyone gets oral cannabis at different doses. Some people are remarkably sensitive. I need about 4 to 7 grams to feel it.

I also have this problem. I think it is mostly called tolerance. It went away when I got "official medibles" 60mg thc per like minty chocalote thing. anyways it took me about 4 but it was a good experience.