• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Took a tolerance break and now have panic and anxiety 24/7!

ElleAZ

Bluelighter
I felt my heartbeat in my legs yesterday. This is day 5. My appetite finally came back last night but the insomnia is threatening and I really hope it passes me by.

I'm taking magnesium and it helps a bit. I have valium but I don't want to touch it unless I am freaking.

Any advice, and, if you have gone through this, how long did it last? This time around I was vaping high THC resin daily for 4 months.

If you are at day 5, the worst of it is probably over, but symptoms may persist for a few weeks.

You can always take some melatonin as well to try to help the insomnia, and generally stay busy to distract yourself from symptoms, if possible.

Like I said, the worst is probably over, so hang in there.

I'm at day 80 since I quit smoking. The urges tend to die down after 30 days and are pretty much gone by day 60.

the first 2 weeks are pretty brutal. By the 3rd week things are calming down. by the 4th week it's pretty nice but you'll still see improvements, they just come slower and aren't as noticable. Ive heard from friends that you'll notice improvements for up to 2 years after quitting smoking. Takes the brain a long time to recover, especially if you've been a chronic smoker for years.

I still think about smoking sometimes but it's not really an urge, more like a thought. And those thoughts are pretty rare. By this point I've already developed other outlets for stress relief and for solving problems. Those first few months I was still approaching weed like it was a coping mechanism so whenever I'd get stressed I'd want to smoke. Once I learned to cope with stress in other ways I had almost zero urge to smoke.

I read a study that showed the symptoms peaked around day 10. Try to eat small snacks throughout the day, and drink a lot of water. Keep your digestive system going somehow or it will take longer to start up again. There was a time, not related to weed, but I was developing anorexia because I was not eating enough. Make sure to have small snacks. However there was a time when even a banana would make me vomit around 15 minutes later. This took about a month to go away, for my appetite to go back to normal. Sleep, longer. Overall for me it is about a 6 months process to one year, but I don't quit anymore just cut back.

Good luck and watch out for cravings when you start feeling better. I quit for 3 years, was fine, and started smoking all day every day right away again. Keep in mind that will always be a possibility if you choose to smoke in the future.

Peace