• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

krokodil - it's worse than we thought

clubcard

Bluelighter
https://imgur.com/a/OnyND8v

All of the compounds in the image have been made. From an academic viewpoint, it may be useful in training sets (or building Dreiding models). The ONLY practical advantage for a qualified chemist is that their is no 14 substitution. While they make most agents more potent, a bulky N-substituent will end up in it's antagonist conformation (this has been checked) if there is something at 14. It's things like butorphanol people should keep an eye on. N-dealkylation doesn't take long and in the scheme of things, norbutorphanol is just about the best precursor known to man or beast. Like the oxycodone/oxymorphine studies, bulky N-substituents don't work but as I have discussed with adder and a few others, there IS a different QSAR but once you know it, things are no more complex. Just the 3,14 diacetyl works well enough in it's own right.

I recall reading in Russian Hyperlab that their clandestine chemists were producing AA via the dry distillation of aspirin. I found the patent and let the mods have a look. There are actually many ways around that road-block but I still wouldn't be too keen on multi Ls of the stuff in my workspace. I appreciate the creativity of Russian 'cooks' but boy, do they take risks. Am I a wuss for wanting appropriate safety in place. No way on earth would I even go into any of those speed labs photographed by the UNODC. Phenylacetone is the thing they look for so someone made the bisulfite abduct (badly) so the police dog could find it. I find it most strange given that their are several other compounds that don't need a licence and are, to the best of my knowledge, unwatched.