• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long will this codeine take to kick in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
High got a tolerance of about 500mg -800mgs a day, usually in 2 or 3 smaller doses however I have recieved my prescription early my angel angelinas grace lol and i decided to just put 30 tablets under my tongue which is about 900mg on the way back, this was about an hour ago I kept my mouth shut as they dissolved and then when they had mostly dissolved I swallowed the abunant bitter spit Im just giving these details as I am feeling something now in the bottom of my stomach but its only noticable while I sit here typing Im gonna.chug some water see if it makes it come on quicker

Why does codeine sometimes not kick in as fast its so annoyijg imagine if your taking your heroin or whatever and something interfering with its absorption thats whats it like

It sounds like it kicked in just fine. Codeine has to be metabolized into morphine before most of it's psychoactive effects are felt, therefor it might take a little while to kick in.

I'm closing this

falsifiedhypothesi why you close my thread?

Just gave me a half arsed answer and you was wrong by the way it didn't kick in I had another 300 mgs and nearly od'd had to throw it up so much for harm reduction.. I for one would like to say im not angry but I am ashamed very ashamed..

Pete, I'll re-open and merge so falsified can answer you. To be fair, you didn't do anything to break any rules. However, you seem well-versed in codeine/dhc and how you will react to it considering the amount of threads you've made in the short time you've been here.

I do apologize for my hasty response and not that it excuses my behavior but you have been making quite a few threads on the same topic.

I'm sorry you almost OD'd but like T Cal said you seem to be familiar with codeine and will know better then us how it effects you and how quickly it comes on.

The doses of codeine you are taking are a bit counterproductive since codeine is said to have a ceiling effect. You should talk to your doc about getting on a different opiate.

The reason I've asked so many times is because I don't think I was getting my wording right it sounded like it was tolerance I just want to know why sometimes.the tablets to straight down while other times they get stuck in my.throat and what I can do about this apart from the thing I've tried like drinking more water or eating food which does seem to help a bit that's basically my overall question and I know I can't be the only one this has happened to so they just do something to get the tabs down better etc.

Thank you for reopening my thread I know ones in the past might not have been following the rules but I'm still learning??

You know what, I was talking with someone else here about having food in your stomach and it making a big difference in effects for me. Have you tried taking your codeine with food?

Just gave me a half arsed answer and you was wrong by the way it didn't kick in I had another 300 mgs and nearly od'd had to throw it up so much for harm reduction.. I for one would like to say im not angry but I am ashamed very ashamed..

I understand that this sort of thing can be a point of frustration and that you would like your answers now, but kindly, refrain from biting the hand that feeds you. Nobody is intentionally doing anything half-assed or not trying their very best to make sure you're okay. Again, I understand the frustration, but release that back to the universe and not the staff please ;)

While Codeine does require metabolism to Morphine, there should not be any kind of noticeable difference in terms of onset/duration and such then compared to any other orally administered substance. If you have a large mass of pills or food in your stomach, you can expect a delay of mere minutes, but it should not be clinically or medically significant.

I can't comment on whatever disagreement has taken place here but would like to ask why some members of staff seem so eager to continually "close" threads?

I understand why it is done if the thread is inappropriate or breaks rules but I've noticed that both here and over in OD some members of staff just have a "thing" for constantly closeing threads for little to no reason.

Considering the massive drop off in traffic on bluelight in general, I would have thought this counter productive.

It's more of a rhetorical question I suppose as I'm not really expecting much in the way if an answer, it's just an observation not only from myself but many others have mentioned it in private too.

I can't comment on whatever disagreement has taken place here but would like to ask why some members of staff seem so eager to continually "close" threads?

I understand why it is done if the thread is inappropriate or breaks rules but I've noticed that both here and over in OD some members of staff just have a "thing" for constantly closeing threads for little to no reason.

Considering the massive drop off in traffic on bluelight in general, I would have thought this counter productive.

It's more of a rhetorical question I suppose as I'm not really expecting much in the way if an answer, it's just an observation not only from myself but many others have mentioned it in private too.

That would be me. I'm one of the moderators who closes threads that do not follow our guidelines or actually contribute in a positive in effective way. It's like a gangrenous limb. You can allow it to live and take up real estate on our front page, bearing in mind that the thread was never appropriate in the first place or you can cut it off and allow appropriate material to take its place.

I stand by it completely.

That would be me. I'm one of the moderators who closes threads that do not follow our guidelines or actually contribute in a positive in effective way. It's like a gangrenous limb. You can allow it to live and take up real estate on our front page, bearing in mind that the thread was never appropriate in the first place or you can cut it off and allow appropriate material to take its place.

I stand by it completely.

It's not just you...there was a moderator over in OD (who isn't one anymore...thank God) who was terrible for it.

Like I said it's was more rhetorical as I wasn't expecting anything to change but as an observer it seem a little over zealous...but whatever.

It's not just you...there was a moderator over in OD (who isn't one anymore...thank God) who was terrible for it.

Like I said it's was more rhetorical as I wasn't expecting anything to change but as an observer it seem a little over zealous...but whatever.

Totally understood. I mean absolutely no offense or cattiness in my answer. I'm doing my best to answer rhetoric with the same. People often tend to take it personally when their thread is closed and I mention this as you used the term overzealous in your description of the staff. In theory, although subjective opinion is always present and plays a large role in what is and isn't closed, the closing of threads is nothing more than bureaucratic processes.

It's just housekeeping, yet a lot of people tend to take a little bit of offense when their threads are closed and I just want to say that the reason "Moderator X" and myself are so keen to close threads is because we are doing our best to keep the machine running. We have no ill will toward anyone who's thread gets closed, it's just housekeeping. We're always ready and willing to accept constructive criticism man.

Does this sort of explain things or am I still missing the mark?

Warning control freak procede with caution do not give many even the slightest sense sense of power du du

Warning control freak procede with caution do not give many even the slightest sense sense of power du du

In my opinion, Western Civilization is long-overdue for a Jew in charge. Let's see where the experiment takes us shall we?

In all seriousness though, please at least take the time to consider the fact that I'm treating you with respect. This is worse than the time I had to explain who Shaka Zulu was to a class full of Kurdish 2nd graders and furthermore, why it mattered for them to fucking know. I am not the one who chose the reading material. Take up your grievances with the headmaster or better yet, you can tell your parents that you would rather go to the other British-American International School in Zakho. What's that? The other school in town is constructed of corrugated metal and cardboard? Half of the teachers are Goats separated at birth from their mothers due to a perceived natural talent for linguistics?

We need to try to work together. How about instead of fanning the flames of negativity you do your part to make things better. Name-calling, attachment of negative personality traits to people who you don't even know and well. We are here on Bluelight, taking part in a fraternal society designed to make the lives of both ourselves and our equals better, because we care. If you think I get hard over closing threads on an internet forum then I respectfully say that I disagree with this sentiment. I only want the best for my peers. I want everyone, including those who use drugs, to have the ability to lead lives of relative happiness and purpose.

If you don't agree with my methods, I would encourage you to possibly create a thread in one of the appropriate sub-forums. You could even call it "Why does Keif' Richards keep closing my threads? I hate that motherfucker". If you are truly out to help the community, leave unnecessary negativity at the door before entry. This is not for my benefit, again, think of the community and not individual members.

Fascism? Kind of a funny end to a post that opened with a joke about my semitic heritage right?

If you guys keep complaining without taking any action, I'm going to create the thread myself. It will be an exercise in self-perspective, tearing myself apart in front of the masses ;)

I beleive you Kief

(Please try to make sure your posts actually contribute something to the conversation in the future! No harm done)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete, I actually just wanted to make sure I understood how you're feeling. You seem to be upset about something. I'm guessing you're having a tough time right now. We've all been through shit. If it truly is just Bluelight making you upset, I think you should stop using Bluelight.

I don't really care about how you perceive me. That's all good, but I don't want any of the negativity to rub off on the rest of the community, you know? It's nothing personal, it's just that people come here and often they are experiencing one of the lowest points of their lives. We want them to feel welcomed and supported. We want to show them that we care about each other and are dedicated to the cause. Do we really want the first thing they see to be some petty bickering?

Please just think of the community. That is all I'm asking Pete and I hope things improve for you.

Nope im not upset about anything just pointing out the facts :)

Idk why you guys are still arguing on this, you did this on another thread too. honestly I love the way Kief is dealing with the duty of moderating these subforums, if I would be him I would close twice as much threads ( some threads of mine too, so no offense to anyone ).

Sometimes I just open threads in BDD or OD to amuse myself with some of his posts as in he has to answer the same questions over and over and over as people avoid using the search engine from the upper left corner.

Good wishes and love to all of you guys honestly, this whole thing is based on mutual respect and exchanges of information. I usually avoid insulting anyone here because a lot of people are twice my age or they go through harder times than I do or persons I know.

Much respect to all of you and pete consider that this forum would be just a big big pile of data that would be very hard to filter to get to the relevant informations without their contribution.

You know what, I was talking with someone else here about having food in your stomach and it making a big difference in effects for me. Have you tried taking your codeine with food?

From my (sadly very extensive) experience with codeine, food in the belly is the major factor in reducing the effects of codeine and making it take ages to kick in.

I only ever used CWE so codeine was dissolved in solution. Drinking 800mg would have effects kick in within 10 minutes on a totally empty stomach. That said, codeine does need metabolism to work and I think there are countless factors that influence that. Time of day seedlmed to play a role even.

Problem with codeine is how much it fucks with blood sugar, so fasting and taking a high dose sometimes left me totally pale, shaky and anxious until I had something sweet, and the high was greatly attenuated. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.