• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Finishing my first 21 day detox, what should I expect?

Pineapple84

Greenlighter
Hi everyone this is my first post so I apologize if it's in the wrong place. I've been taking opiates recreationally for about 5 years now mostly Norcos but a lot of them, sometimes up to 20 a day. I went to a methadone clinic to do a 21 day detox and tomorrow is my last day. I stuck to the detox and didn't use anything other than what they gave me, but I'm terrified the withdrawal once I am done. I'm just curious if anybody knows how bad I should be expecting the withdrawals to be, and maybe if anybody has any advice to get through it?

Not sure I understand the question. If you're on methadone, you shouldn't experience withdrawals. Am I missing something?

Peace&Love,
jasper

It's going to hurt a little. Have they supplied you with any comfort meds? Expect withdrawal to start 48 hours after your last dose and be in full effect by 72 hours.

My experience clinic will not supply with comfort meds. Good luck. I think you might be achy, but functional

I think op is talking about jumping off Methadone now J.

Love you,
Ash.

Sorry. I was on a 21 day withdrawal with a clinic. My last dose was 5mg and I was supposed to go off a few days ago. Ive been to afraid to go completely off of it so I bought some methadone pills off a friend and have kept taking the 5 mg dose. My taper was very easy from 40 to 5 but Im afraid to quit completly. Also I cant miss work so that's a problem for me too.

Yeah it'll be tough without missing work. Try to use the pills to go all the way down to 1mg. That will give you the least amount of withdrawal. But you want to stop the methadone soon. Ending up addicted to it is way worse then a short acting opiate. Methadone withdrawal lasts a month