• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Benzodiazepine Solubility

Swim15

Bluelighter
Not sure if this breaks any rules, feel free to close if it does.

Without being too specific, I recently started going out with a girl who has epilepsy and is controlled with keppra and zonisamide currently. However, I want to have some emergency injections around (in the car, at the house, one for traveling, etc) just in case they are ever needed in an acute scenario (they wont prescribe at home injections for whatever reason - docs in the US are ghey).

So hypothetically speaking, can anyone comment on excipients that demonstrate high solubility in regard to benzos such as alprazolam or lorazepam? Of course these would be for oral sublingual delivery but would like to be able to achieve 2-4mg/mL.

Looks like a mixture of BA and PEG may work? Wasnt sure if ethyl oleate or miglyol would work but would be fantastic if they did

Not sure if this breaks any rules, feel free to close if it does.

Without being too specific, I recently started going out with a girl who has epilepsy and is controlled with keppra and zonisamide currently. However, I want to have some emergency injections around (in the car, at the house, one for traveling, etc) just in case they are ever needed in an acute scenario (they wont prescribe at home injections for whatever reason - docs in the US are ghey).

So hypothetically speaking, can anyone comment on excipients that demonstrate high solubility in regard to benzos such as alprazolam or lorazepam? Of course these would be for oral sublingual delivery but would like to be able to achieve 2-4mg/mL.

Looks like a mixture of BA and PEG may work? Wasnt sure if ethyl oleate or miglyol would work but would be fantastic if they did

Why not try midazolam IM.?

If we are being honest, those are the two raws easiest to get hands on. Items like these arent particularly east to come by, at least with the sources I have. I do have one I havent checked though that Im going to look at for a prepared midazolam though now that you said that