• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

FOX news runs major piece criticizing opioid rationing

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
https://video.foxnews.com/v/5978286955001/?#sp=show-clips

Yet thier viewer base supports the drug war party.

Liberal media still pushing epidemic narritive based on fabricated CDC data.

Despite being blatantly racist, fox is leading the liberal media in drug reform that is severely needed. They are starting to win me over with this piece and the lefts MSM lack of action

While I absolutely agree that people who genuinely need their prescriptions are being hurt, I don't think that conservative media has some compassionate viewpoint as their motivation. Take with a grain of salt, as I'm pretty far left... But republicans are generally VERY pro-business and anti-regulation, and these corporations that benefit contribute to the party. And guess who's going to be suffering, financially, as scripts continue to decrease? Big pharma. If you ask me, conservative media is just looking out for a bunch of corporations, as usual. Again though, they have a point, i just don't think there's any altruism here.

Liberal media is reporting an opioid epidemic that has, in fact, been happening since around 2002.

Yes, though, the response to the epidemic has been bungled, no surprise.

Liberal media is reporting an opioid epidemic that has, in fact, been happening since around 2002.

Ppl have been using and dying of opioid since before recorded history. The CDC classifying people with trace levels of opioids as opipid overdoses to fabricate an epidemic clouds the issue of present day.

While I absolutely agree that people who genuinely need their prescriptions are being hurt, I don't think that conservative media has some compassionate viewpoint as their motivation. Take with a grain of salt, as I'm pretty far left... But republicans are generally VERY pro-business and anti-regulation, and these corporations that benefit contribute to the party. And guess who's going to be suffering, financially, as scripts continue to decrease? Big pharma. If you ask me, conservative media is just looking out for a bunch of corporations, as usual. Again though, they have a point, i just don't think there's any altruism here.

I think fox is pandering to thier base here. Old and pained ppl in conservative states most affected by the crackdown

To counter some of your points, onservatives are anti regulation re business, but very pro regulation when it comes to drugs.

I think the sellers of opioids for pain, which are generic manufacturers, are no where near as powerful as the manufacturers on still under patent alternatives to opioids such as lyrica and antidepressants.

Suboxone is also under patent. Companies with an interest in Such opioid alternatives want to crackdown on pain managment.

Last edited:
Yes, they have... And i wouldn't put it past a government agency to fabricate statistics. However, just from my own experience, and that of many old-timers I've known...we all see that opiate abuse and overdoses have exhibited a steep upward trend, in particular following the incredibly aggressive and dishonest marketing of oxy. I've never seen anyone deny that. If you have credible resources or data that shows we aren't experiencing an opioid epidemic, I'd be interested, genuinely.... I can understand if someone is suffering due to losing a genuinely necessary rx, and in turn feels angry about an epidemic that they may decide doesnt even exist. I can honestly understand that. But the consensus among, say, those working on the ground with addicts for decades, is that there is indeed a sharp uptick in opioid addiction.

Lol, yes, i think fox is always pandering to their base. Too true.

I think fox is pandering to thier base here. Old and pained ppl in conservative states most affected by the crackdown

I think the sellers of opioids for pain, which are generic manufacturers, are no where near as powerful as the manufacturers on still under patent alternatives to opioids such as lyrica and antidepressants.

Suboxone is also under patent. Companies with an interest in Such opioid alternatives want to crackdown on pain managment.

I believe that drug companies often make both generic and patented drugs, though I may be mistaken. Whether that's true or not though, big pharma is big pharma and they are ALL armored with lobbyists, cash flowing through hands, and favors. I think more addicts equals more business in the sense that more drugs are consumed and then even more in the form of addiction treatment drugs. They're all making money no matter what drug they produce

^ that is a good point. its complex and i'm not sure what companies want. but i agree with you that more addicts = more use of all kinds of anti-addiction and antidepressant drugs.

i always wondered whether the reasons most opioid pills were almost designed to be so easily injected without bodily harm was intentional.

I think there was a small uptick in overall opiate use statistically. But the big thing was it began effecting middle America instead of urban America. As soon as middle class white people started dying it became an epidemic. It's a complex issue. The biggest take away is the utter failure of prohibition.

...yet nobody has realized that takeaway except academics...who nobody listens to

i have to learn where to go to be able to attach links. i pad mobil won't let me now.

You can attach links in the following manner: [ url="URL of page you want to link"]Text that can be clicked to access link[ /url]. Just get rid of the space after the opening brackets.

and would that include copy and paste ?

If you are using Chrome for Android: to copy a URL, you have to touch it with your finger in the URL bar for a few seconds then hit the icon that looks like two pieces of paper on top of each other. To paste, you touch a space in a text input input box for a second or so, and an upside-down teardrop appears beneath your cursor. Touch it, and "Paste" will appear, which you click to paste.

Isn't mild codiene still available over the counter there, also ?!
maybe. i do remember getting big bottle of codeine in Canada
when i lived close.

Yeah, some codeine formulations are still over-the-counter in Canada.