• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Might graduate to Heroin for pain releif looking for as much advice as possible

i'm looking at graduating too I always wondered what it felt like.

It's kinda meh, to be honest mate.

I dunno, I get that a lot of ppl really enjoy the hammer, by itself, but I never really have.

I dont know u that well obv but I dont think you would either.

It's not that I'm chasing the high just sometimes when I have ran out of meds I wonder if I'm not suffering needlessly when I could try but a bag until my next prescription and only use small doses that wouldn't hurt my tolerance so much I'm gonna buy some poppy seeds at my local supermarket and give that a try anyway so wish me luck

I feel ya bro but black is bad news homeboy... real talk. Instead of gettin' some black... Make some poppy seed wash. That's what I used to do when I ran out of my oxycodone script to fast... Which was constantly. Thank God I'm on methadone and those days are fuckin' done. Good luck bro. Please stay away from black brotha... It's all bad.

Nerve pain?

Get lyrica.

It's pretty good, helped when I pinched a nerve in my back.

Go to doc, ask for it, it's an alternative to opiates of sorts.

You have a known condition so why you have not been put on it is a question worth asking.

I've read that in the U.S. that most heroin addicts were first addicted to prescription opiates before 'graduating', as you say, to heroin because dope is a much more cost effective approach to staying well. If you have access to prescription opiates then injecting heroin doesn't really make sense, unless of course you want to experience the most intense and euphoric rush you'll ever feel.

Nerve pain?

Get lyrica.

It's pretty good, helped when I pinched a nerve in my back.

Go to doc, ask for it, it's an alternative to opiates of sorts.

You have a known condition so why you have not been put on it is a question worth asking.
I don't want anything else though the codeine works fine for my pain but inevitably I run out early or the stupid pharmacist loses my order then it's an unpleasant night I have almost definitely decided not to do heroin though I think the pain, withdrawal and set of circumstances was making me think weirdly my next prescription refill cannot come soon enough.. It might even be done early tommorow (fingers crossed)

it would be wiser for you to access stronger pharmaceuticals before heroin. consider buying dilaudid on the street, it is basically medical grade heroin but more controlled (of course, pill pressing is possible and it could be contaminated). Whatever you decide, please use the smallest amount and wait. If you do go the H route, may i recommend smoking (chasing the dragon) or even snorting over injecting. I am happy to let you know the steps and materials involved.

you know I wrote about it today the codeine I take sometimes gets stuck in my throat or something it doesn't kick in anyway and I have asked tonnes of questions trying to find out why.. It's worst when I'm in pain and it doesn't work but then I take it exactly the same way another time and it works tucking aces I have a feeling it's something simple or their are stuff you can do to get the pills down your throat better I just need someone to tell me.. I have aspergers so sometimes I might not be able to get the right words for my question but that's a big reason I wanted to use H because of you smoke it you ain't gotta worry about it getting stuck in your throat, stomach or whatever but these tablets unless I dissolve then are just to unreliable, when I first took them they only took 20 minutes to kick in 30 minutes tips now it seems to take forever.and its.harder to focus on and it defo ain't tolerance a trip to dreamland yesterday proved that man I got a rush off that:D

There are a lot of factors that determine how fast pills kick in especially codeine since it has to be metabolized into morphine before it starts giving good pain relief.

Please talk to your doctor if you feel codeine isn't working fast enough when you need immediate relief. I beckon you, do not switch to heroin just because it comes on faster.

There are a lot of factors that determine how fast pills kick in especially codeine since it has to be metabolized into morphine before it starts giving good pain relief.

Please talk to your doctor if you feel codeine isn't working fast enough when you need immediate relief. I beckon you, do not switch to heroin just because it comes on faster.
No once again falsified I'm not saying that I'm saying that the tablets are not getting absorbed like they should it's not hard to read mate lol sometimes I swallow them and I get a horrible restless feeling around my neck an uncomfortable bulge which is why I think they are getting stuck down there I made a thread on this to but you closed it before anyone even had a chance to answer even though it was about dosing not getting high all I had was your useless textbook response wanker.

Well if they are getting stuck in your throat the solution would probably be to carefully wash them down, or possibly gurgle water. It just seems unlikely that they'd be stuck in your throat.

consider buying dilaudid on the street
Please don't suggest people buying pills illicitly. Besides being against the law, it's dangerous considering pills are being pressed with fentanyl and people are dying.

Pete, zephyr had a good idea in talking with your doctor for a different prescription. Codeine is good for your pain now but there is a good chance that your tolerance will keep rising the more you take it. This means you will need more and more of the drug to get the same pain relief. You're already running out of your meds early so it would behoove you to have this conversation with your doctor before exploring the world of heroin.

Please don't suggest people buying pills illicitly. Besides being against the law, it's dangerous considering pills are being pressed with fentanyl and people are dying.

Pete, zephyr had a good idea in talking with your doctor for a different prescription. Codeine is good for your pain now but there is a good chance that your tolerance will keep rising the more you take it. This means you will need more and more of the drug to get the same pain relief. You're already running out of your meds early so it would behoove you to have this conversation with your doctor before exploring the world of heroin.

I appreciate the comment, however we are talking about buying heroin so I don't think that the law is really at the top most priority. This is a harm reduction forum. If accessing pharmaceuticals is preventing Pete from moving onto heroin, it is a potential solution that he may choose to follow. Additionally, I mentioned in the sentence following that pill pressing is common and that there is a risk of fentanyl cross contamination. Thanks.

If codeine stops working for me(when it kicks in) I will cut down my usage not increase it these seems common sense.

And I have found a solution, just crushing up the pills dissolving them and swallowing it neat if I ever do try anything stronger I will let you guys know.

Nigel: This is a top to a, you know, what we use on stage, but it's
very...very special because if you can see...
Marty: Yeah...
Nigel: ...the numbers all go to eleven. Look...right across the board.
Marty: Ahh...oh, I see....
Nigel: Eleven...eleven...eleven....
Marty: ...and most of these amps go up to ten....
Nigel: Exactly.
Marty: Does that mean it's...louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see,
most...most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten
here...all the way up...all the way up....
Marty: Yeah....
Nigel: ...all the way up. You're on ten on your guitar...where can you go
from there? Where?
Marty: I don't know....
Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is if we need that extra...push over
the cliff...you know what we do?
Marty: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top...
number...and make that a little louder?

Inordinantly long pause...

Nigel: ...these go to eleven.

If you don't understand why this quote is applicable to such a question, time for you to go back to Movie-Versity or whatever college is called for movies. Gumnut Cottage? The Lollipop Guild?

Basically, you should adjust your original settings. You don't need to go out and buy a new amplifier with an extra digit on your levels when you could've reduced the levels on the rest of the band's instruments to 9 and simply made 10 the new highest level.

Nigel: This is a top to a, you know, what we use on stage, but it's
very...very special because if you can see...
Marty: Yeah...
Nigel: ...the numbers all go to eleven. Look...right across the board.
Marty: Ahh...oh, I see....
Nigel: Eleven...eleven...eleven....
Marty: ...and most of these amps go up to ten....
Nigel: Exactly.
Marty: Does that mean it's...louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see,
most...most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten
here...all the way up...all the way up....
Marty: Yeah....
Nigel: ...all the way up. You're on ten on your guitar...where can you go
from there? Where?
Marty: I don't know....
Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is if we need that extra...push over
the cliff...you know what we do?
Marty: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top...
number...and make that a little louder?

Inordinantly long pause...

Nigel: ...these go to eleven.

If you don't understand why this quote is applicable to such a question, time for you to go back to Movie-Versity or whatever college is called for movies. Gumnut Cottage? The Lollipop Guild?

Basically, you should adjust your original settings. You don't need to go out and buy a new amplifier with an extra digit on your levels when you could've reduced the levels on the rest of the band's instruments to 9 and simply made 10 the new highest level.

Err.. Im not really a movie guy

But I do see what your saying and your right kief its just my options for pain releif and pills are quite limited at the moment which is even more reason for me not to do it actually

Last edited by a moderator:
^That's fine. Just read the two brief paragraphs at the end that explain the meaning of the quote and how and why it applies to what we are discussing now.

For those of you who don't know Spinal Tap, shame, but basically the guitarist, Nigel has a unique amplifier that has knobs that "go to eleven" as opposed to ten. In the film he's made to be an embodiment of rock n' roll decadence and retardation. When he displays his "special" amplifier, the guy doing the interview states, "couldn't you have just made your entire sound system one quieter? Then you wouldn't have needed to buy the new equipment". Like, it was all relative and if he had just changed the settings on his equipment he wouldn't have wasted his time and money.

Basically, he ends up with a top end of 11 and being that the entire sound system is relative, you find out that Nigel is so slow that he never even made the consideration and it utterly blows his mind.

I apologize, as not everyone loves Spinal Tap like I do. Pretty much, switching to Heroin because it is more potent and you will theoretically "save money" over other more expensive Opioids is a complete fallacy, because you will simply end up tolerant to the Heroin and in the same exact place you found yourself before, dependent and not having enough money for drugs. If we could all do the sensible thing, we would just reduce our intake right?

I beg you NOT to do this. The first time you try it, you could have bad luck and it could be cut with fentanyl and you die. PLEASE THINK OF YOUR FAMILY and Loved Ones and LISTEN.