• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does one tell if it?s Fet or Dope?

Do you mean 'amphetamine or methamphetamine?' Please be more specific as this is a worldwide forum where many different slang terms are employed.

But short answer - suck it and see. Or get a test kit.

I apologize. How does one tell the difference between Fentanyl and Heroin. I know fentanyl is typically white, but H can be as well. Is there any solid way to know for sure??

You can't tell just by looking at it. In order to know for sure, you would need to test it.

^yeah.... in this day and age, it's best to assume its fent and be careful.

There are no tests you can easily do without a specific kit to test fentanyl or a lab. Like bptubbs said, it's best to assume it's fent and start very low.

Depends where you live, in the USA I believe almost all heroin has fent now, if you are in a source country for opium you can get pretty pure heroin uncut.

The testing kits are somewhat unreliable and have often given me false positives. There is no way to tell visually the difference, and cross contamination is very common. Also assume your H has been cut with fent, and act accordingly. Use with friends, have naloxone, use a smaller amount initially if you don't know your source.

how do you know the positives were false? what substance were you testing?
prescription/doctor supplied opiates (hydromorphone) that came straight from the pharmacy. I work in harm reduction/many many of my friends and clients have reported this