• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How do I find my right dose of klonopin/clonazepam?

zagor11

Bluelighter
Until 2 years ago when I was enjoying oxy I didn't care about my opioids and sometimes would go days without them. I did not know they were so important and so dangerous. Same thing has happened when I switched to suboxone and back to oxy again (this time oxy without high) and 3 weeks ago I started using klonopin 4 mg once per day as well as weaning off oxy at the same time.

I got severe depression and anxiety and I stopped oxy withdrawal because I thought that was the cause until I realized it was klonopin.

Now I take my kpin seriously.

However, since I was using it randomly i don't know what is the right dose for me. I thought it was 4 mg 2xday but I still get anxiety. Today and yesterday I took 6 mg with 3 mg ativan (severe anxiety) and it worked like a charm. My worst anxiety is in my legs, then my head and arms (physical anxiety). I have been on it for 15 years mostly 4-5 mg 2xday.

If I talk to my doc he will put me on a random dose which might be bad. I wanna find/restart the right dose and then start slowly weaning off.

Any help is appreciated

4MG is a huge dose, most people would black out easily at those dosages even much lower, if you have depression benzos arent the best option they actually increase suicide risk and depressive symptoms, for anxiety, there is a threshold with these drugs, at some points the receptors will be saturated and even if you increase the dose you wont feel anything more, you are not there yet but not far away either, 8MG daily is a very heavy daily dosage, I would refrain from increasing it further, you should try other approaches for the anxiety.

Found my dose for the last 5 years. 3 mg 2xday (clonopin). Even though I didnt use it regularly at what dose should I start now? How long stay on it before starting the withdrawal?

Also how did I get into severe withdrawal by taking 4 mg once per day.

ps. doctor doesnt kno and blames oxy withdrawal

Last edited: