• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Using 150MG Ranitinde And 20MG Omeprazole RARELY.

Thomas29

Bluelighter
My Dr. Prescribed Me this to And told Me it would be fine to take it once A week But I was hoping for some second opinions since I do not want to suffer any Side-Effects Like Heart Problems And Or REBOUND STOMACH ACIDITY And the idea of taking both 150MG Ranitidine And 20MG Omeprazole at once will Lower My Stomach Acidity to LOW? I have Read through A Google Search that Omeprazole can take A few Days to even begin to take A noticeable Effect.

When I don't use them for when My Stomach is bothering Me I Am using them to Inhibit CYP3A4 And other CYP Enzymes they Inhibit to make My various Medication Last Longer. I find them useful for My Clonazepam specifically since for details that are not important.

So My questions are do I need to be worried about any Side-Effects to My Health And Or Rebound Stomach Acidity And how frequently should I be LIMITING My use of the Stomach Acid Reducers?

People with gastric acidity problems take omeprazole or ranitidine on a daily basis, I don't forsee any problems, and if you do find it has some negative effect you can always discontinue use. Ranitidine will eventually develop tolerance and tachyphylaxis so it's probably better to prefer taking omeprazole on a daily basis rather than both drugs.

Both drugs act to decrease production of acid rather than neutralizing it (e.g. not like calcium carbonate) so I don't think rebound acidity is a problem. Omeprazole should produce an effect 30 to 90 minutes after dosing, it doesn't work like a SSRI where you need to take it for weeks before the effects kick in.

Also, ranitidine is a very poor substrate for CYP3A4, it only has 10% of the CYP affinity that cimetidine does. Omeprazole on the other hand inhibits both CYP3A4 and CYP2C19 reversibly.

If I were you I'd stick to the omeprazole alone and leave the ranitidine. You don't need to take 2 drugs for the same condition.

Last edited:
And if you are going for CYP inhibition of P450-series isoenzymes, use cimetidine not ranitidine, the latter AFAIK was actually developed to ditch such effects.

Sekio, I am the one who had severe gastritis before, ranitidine and omeprazole can work well in conjuction.

While it is true that omeprazole can work some few hours after ingestion, its full potential can be met after taking for like 3-4 days continuously and so on. It is an irreversible inhibitor of the proton pump protein complex which will need some time for itself to block sufficient of it.

Ranitidine on the other hand, has a more of a sudden stop-releasing-acid action where the max potency is gotten after a tablet.
However its efficacy is somewhat lower than omeprazole as it is more temporary and wear of after some next hours

Thomas, Both of these two will not give acid rebound problem so that is not of a worry.
GERD affected people take it for weeks or months without that problem. The medication that can cause acid rebound are mostly a direct neutralizer, which has instant action to destroy acid, but no action to decrease acid production, aka Antacids like sodium bicarbonate, magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia), magnesium-aluminum hydroxide (alum milk), and calcium carbonate.
These are great, however, when you want a sudden relieve from an already released acid, since omeprazole and ranitidine works to prevent release but do nil with already released one.

Last edited:
You aren't the only one Pomzazed, I have too. Gone through all the business getting an endoscopic camera stuck down my neck and up my theresa may.

(hopefully they used a different one to perform each, or at the very least, stuck it down my throat before shoving it up the nigerian cyclops-starfish=D)

I'm scripted cimetidine, and have often been given a LOT of courses of PPIs, plus a cyclizine rx with every med refill, when I get my pain meds and chlormethiazole, nitrazepam etc., and whenever requested, a refill of ondansetron. Was originally on ranitidine, until asking my GP to change it to cimetidine. He was rather puzzled at that, wondering why I'd want to do that, since the two did the same thing; until I told him about the CYP-P450 isoenzyme blockade effects cimetidine has, whilst ranitidine was designed as a successor which had no such effects to any meaningful degree, so it'd help stop the morphine, oxy, from being metabolized so easily. He was alright with going with that, although rather surprised about having a patient ask for something like that and then give that explanation =D)

I've had some cunting bastardlyshite awful reflux, sometimes so bad as to end up vomiting blood-streaked gouts of bile into the sink every ten minutes, or every time I swallowed some saliva, which for some reason, during episodes 'tastes' 'a lot like it should feel hot' but without being a burning sensation, just like it's really hot. Weird sensation, but whichever the sooner, 10min, or swallowing saliva, then another load of retching up yellowish, glairy bile streaked with red and darker blood.

I Am not using Cimetidine because My Dr. told Me everyone he has given a Prescription for it developed Gynecomastia due to Cimetidine Increasing Estrogen Levels And the Methadone Maintenance I Am on is already fucking up My Testosterone Production making it in the very low end of the "normal range" But I Am mostly using them for the Liver Enzyme Inhibition since I Rarely need it for actual Stomach problems.

Thank You for all the Replies so far it has all been helpful. I also use them 1 Hour before My Methadone to Lower My Stomach Acidity And Absorb more of it in theory which hopefully works to some slight degree. I take it with 100MG Orpenadrine Tablet Sold OTC as the Brand OrfenAce since it Inhibits CYP2B6 I can confirm it makes Methadone A bit stronger And more importantly it lasts A bit longer. I know this for A fact since I get all itchy when I take it And even taking the Orphenadrine by itself alone it causes great Euphoria But I Am off topic now.

The Orphenadrine also has an NMDA Atagonist Effect But I don't know how strongly the NMDA Atagonist Like Magnesium is really mild I take L-Theanine Daily too at 1200MG Dose I Read somewhere that it has A Slight NMDA Atagonist Effect.

I Am using the Omeparzole And Ranitidine And Orphenadrine to Inhibit My Clonazepam since I Am attempting to Lower My Dose of Benzos right now. I Am planning to make A thread to find out if NMDA Atagonist Effecting Medication works on Benzodiazepines the same it way it works on Opiate/Opioid Tolerance.

Does anyone know how strongly Orphenadrine's NMDA Atagonist Effect is? I don't exactly want to make A topic for it since I have not tried to Google everything I can find about it yet but it would help if someone could find that out for Me.

Sorry if I just typed this out weird And it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Excerpt from a study:
Here, pretreatment with omeprazole increased plasma concentrations (AUC) of RS-methadone administered orally (65%) without increasing its analgesic response. This observation may be tentatively explained by assuming that omeprazole increased the bioavailability of S-(-)-methadone, the inactive enantiomer. Supporting this hypothesis is also the fact that omeprazole reduced the EC50 of RS-methadone from 69.1 to 127.2 ng/mL. An increase in S-(-)-methadone
may occur whenever (a) the absorption of RS-methadone is pH dependent, in such a way that S-(-)-methadone is unstable at acidic pH and its stability increases in the presence of omeprazole, or (b) omeprazole selectively diminishes intestinal presystemic metabolism of S-(-)-methadone. Recent unpublished results obtained in our laboratory show that after the administration of only the S-(-)-methadone isomer and following the same protocol as in this study, omeprazole produced a 92% increase in AUC, whereas the analgesic effect was negligible in both control and pretreated groups.
[...] It is concluded that omeprazole increases plasma concentrations of oral methadone without incrementing its analgesic response [...]

Now whether this holds true in humans would be something to consider. Another study says that methadone concentrations go up but the effects do too, in contradiction to the above;
The effect of omeprazole (2 mg kg-1 i.v.) on respiratory depression induced in rats by acute oral methadone administration (5 mg kg-1) was examined and compared with control animals that only received methadone. Quantitative assessments of arterial Pco2,Po2, pH, and respiratory rate were employed as criteria for evaluation. [...] The intensity of the methadone-induced respiratory depression was significantly greater in the omeprazole group than in control rats. A significant variation (p < 0.01) in all respiratory parameters was detected from 30 to 120 min after methadone. Omeprazole caused a significant increase in methadone levels (Cmax = 156 +/- 6.5 ng mL-1 against 51 +/- 5.8 ng mL-1 in control; p < 0.05). [...] Correlation was observed between intragastric pH and the area under the effect- (respiratory depression-) time curve (r = 0.74; p < 0.001). A relationship between plasma methadone levels at 120 min and gastric pH (r = 0.92; p < 0.001) was detected. A significant correlation between the area under the effect-time curve (0-120 min) and AUC0-180 has been also observed (r = 0.90; p < 0.01). These pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes could be gastric pH dependent because they were mimicked when gastric pH was experimentally modified by bicarbonate whereas opposite results were obtained with acidic pH2 solution.

--

As for orphenadrine I seem to recall you had another thread on this same topic. Anyway it's not a very strong NMDA antagonist as far as I know (something like 1/20 the affinity of PCP), as there are not really very many reports of people successfully abusing it as a dissociative drug, which tends to happen to NMDA antagonists (efavirenz, memantine, dextromethorphan). Structurally, it's a methylated analog of diphenhydramine, so it has similar effects: anticholinergic, sodium channel blocker/local anesthetic, centrally acting antihistamine, and (scarily) it also inhibits hERG which is a Bad Thing (can cause QT interval prolongation in the heart). I don't think diphenhydramine hits hERG though. Most of the effects act as good combinations with opioids, it's one of the better drugs to combine if you want to increase not only the painkilling/analgesic effects but also promote the sedative, euphoric psychological effects while also conveniently stopping histamine-release itches.

I don't think orphenadrine is worth taking on a regular basis to stop tolerance from developing; it just hits too many targets and is too unselective in its actions. It's kind of like DXM in that aspect but DXM is much more potent as a NMDA antagonist so it can be successfully used in some cases. Even so, DXM is actually stronger as a SNRI than a dissociative.

Also, the way I understand it, NMDA antagonists need to be taken while you're developing the tolerance, in order to prevent it - rather than after you've already become tolerant or dependent. I don't think they help in the same way, once you're detoxing they are more useful in higher doses to help "take the edge off" of unpleasant physical burden.

WHAT DO U MEAN ORPHENADRINE IS BAD FOR THE HEART by inhbiting hERG!? And causing QT interval prolongation in the heart. I don't what this means But I Am suffering from Heart issues Right now which I Am going to the Heart Dr. soon to wear A Heart Monitor but the thing is the Orphenadrine 100MG in the morning hour or so before my Methadone And Benzos is helping A lot more then expected And I Am using for Example this Christmas A Higher Dose of Benzos And sometimes when My Heart pain/Chest Pain (Angina) starts to hurt And make Me anxious I consume A little more But I have been successfully lowering My Benzo Dose without FEELING ANY ANXIETY thanks to the Orphenadrine.

I just Read that Diphenhydramine can cause QT Heart Interval Prolongation as well rarely that is, I don't understand how this can be any more harmful than Diphenhydramine?

But if u could Please Explain the potential Danger of using 100MG once Daily of Orphenadrine could of be having on My Heart And how long/often can I continue to use this without problems occuring? I Am only LOWERING My Benzo Dose due to Tolerance issues caused By using more then Normal for 6 Months or so due to unforeseen Health issues. I suspect possible Heart problems is one of My Health issues so this IS VERY WORRYING to Read right now in Withdrawal makes Me want to take A fucking Xanax since I have been getting Random Chest pains the past couple of days I have been using the Orphenadrine for roughly 12 Days the 10 Tablets of 100MG Orphenadrine Package Directions are to take 100MG Tablet in the twice A Day And I Am only taking it One 100MG Tablet once A Day.

Would it be risky for My Heart if I were to use it even once every 8 Days Or Longer?

I know for A FACT that NDMA Atagonist Medications will PREVENT Tolerance better then they REVERSE current Tolerance Or Potentiate the Effect of Opioids mainly what is used for But it can Effect Benzodiazepines the same way. I have Read it should work similar to how it works for Opioids. But I have any concrete proof of it But I figured it couldn't hurt to use these things since I take L-Theanine And Magnesium Daily Oh And Zinc is A suspected NMDA Atagonist since it has been shown to help Prevent Tolerance to Opioids.

The only NDMA Atagonist that are actually STRONG NMDA Atagonist Medications are Ketamine And Dextromethorphan Oh plus PCP And the others which u mentioned above I do not which one of them is stronger I have no idea that is probably A complex answer.

I Am using Omeprazole to inhibit CLONAZEPAM not Methadone what is going on is it my complex posts or some i don't understand it?

I want to use Omeprazole as something I Am trying it out so I can see how I tolerate it to Inhibit CYP3A4 And specifically CYP2C19 to Inhibit CLONAZEPAM specifically. I was previously taking 500MG Clarithromycin for treating Facial Acne And I used it occasionally to Inhibit CYP3A4 But I Randomly Puke I use it even with Food so I stopped taking that Anti-Biotic completely.

I mentioned Methadone only because Orphenadrine STRONGLY Inhibits CYP2B6 which is thought to be the strongest Enzyme to Inhibit Methadone And it creates more of another active Metabolite all I know is I feel Euphoric from Orphenadrine alone And with the Methadone it definitely makes it stronger And I have used Orphenadrine with other Opiates/Opioids. The less stomach acidity u have the more of the Methadone will get absorbed due to in theory less of the Methadone is destroyed before it can fully pass through the stomach hence I use the Omeprazole And Ranitidine an Hour or so before My Methadone since I figure why take it after I take it just to Inhibit My Benzos only.

I don't understand why I Am Reading countless people claiming they are struggling to wean off Omeprazole yet u say they won't cause any Rebound Acidity I Am Reading contradicting Information regarding it causing Rebound Stomach Acidity this is very confusing.

Last edited:
WHAT DO U MEAN ORPHENADRINE IS BAD FOR THE HEART by inhbiting hERG!? And causing QT interval prolongation in the heart.

Both orphenadrine and methadone act as hERG channel blockers and thereby increase QT interval and thereby increase the risk of a certain type of arrythmia called torsades des points. Read more at this review.

It's hard to say at what level the combination would become toxic because there are too many factors to calculate, from individual genetics (some people are more sensitive to QT prolongation) to dose and other pharmacokinetics of drugs that cause this effect. If you have been taking the combination of the two drugs at a certain level for a while and have not noticed anything on EKG then you have nothing to worry about, otherwise it would be smart to either lower the dosage or discontinue one or both drugs.

I know for A FACT that NDMA Atagonist Medications will PREVENT Tolerance better then they REVERSE current Tolerance Or Potentiate the Effect of Opioids mainly what is used for But it can Effect Benzodiazepines the same way. I have Read it should work similar to how it works for Opioids. But I have any concrete proof of it But I figured it couldn't hurt to use these things since I take L-Theanine And Magnesium Daily Oh And Zinc is A suspected NMDA Atagonist since it has been shown to help Prevent Tolerance to Opioids.

Unfortunately there are not a lot of threads/case reports on the successful use of NMDA antagonists specifically to reduce the development of tolerance. Even treatment with strong NMDA antagonists like PCP or MK-801 does not totally reverse the typical tolerance to opioids. And in terms of strength, L-theanine, magnesium, and zinc are generally too polar to make it into the brain in effective concentrations to produce druglike effects at NMDAR. At best if you take huge doses of magnesium you'll find you have runny poop as it acts as a laxative rather than dissociative.

I Am using Omeprazole to inhibit CLONAZEPAM not Methadone what is going on is it my complex posts or some i don't understand it?
Omeprazole just so happens to have effects that potentiate the methadone, too. Maybe not as strong as orphenadrine but it's an effect.

Also, you are thecnically inhibiting the metabolism of clonazepam, not inhibiting the drug itself. So taking enzyme blockers will result in a given dose of drug producing stronger effects and more tolerance, which may be the opposite of what you want to be doing. Same with methadone here.

The less stomach acidity u have the more of the Methadone will get absorbed due to in theory less of the Methadone is destroyed before it can fully pass through the stomach

Methadone is just more rapidly absorbed in alkaline environments, it's not destroyed by stomach acid but instead it just doesn't hit all at once with an acidic stomach.

I don't understand why I Am Reading countless people claiming they are struggling to wean off Omeprazole yet u say they won't cause any Rebound Acidity I Am Reading contradicting Information regarding it causing Rebound Stomach Acidity this is very confusing.

Omeprazole doesn't cure conditions like GERD, if you have serious acid issues that a doctor prescribes a PPI like omeprazole for, it's a treatment and not a cure. You kind of have to keep taking it or the problem of yoour body overproducing acid will come back. But if you give it to someone who only gets occasional heartburn, it won't suddenly cause acid reflux every day after discontinuing it if that wasn't a problem before.

Hm your doc must be unlucky (not as much as his patients though), no issues taking cimetidine longterm with opioids (morphine, oxy, often methadone or H or both of the latter, dipropionylmorphine, buggering about with other, less well known opioids as and when the mood takes)

Have been on long term opioid treatment for chronic pain. No man tits yet.

Wtf I simply stated L-Theanine And Magnesium are NMDA Atagonist And I have been on Pain Management for Years And if your chasing A fucking high they ain't gonna do much if anything at preventing tolerance but when using the same Dose Daily the Magnesium And Zinc makes A difference with Dextromethorphan And other stronger NMDA Atagonist being way more beneficial.

Can we avoid the Captain Obvious answers please people. With that being said clearly I Am NOT TAKING OMEPRAZOLE AND ORPHENADRINE forever what kind of A person who does need these things do such a thing? idk honestly But I Am attempting at increasing how long My Clonazepam lasts on Christmas Day this Year for an EXAMPLE of the Rare times I use it for these purposes. I know it wont make it more potent even though studies claim like Increase in Plasma Levels just don't making any assumptions that I now expect Liver Enzyme Inhibition to magically make My Medication feel stronger to the degree of taking more fucking pills or some more captain obvious shit.

I know your just trying to be helpful thank you but agitated by withdrawal and people who keep making Me reply complex shit I just can't deal with right now plus make assumptions.

That being said you HAVE HELPED ME A LOT! The Review u Sent Me I Read Clarithromycin which My Dr. has Prescribed to Me can/will cause QT Prolongation. Sorry if I Am coming across as rude And hostile.

Oh And I just learned about Methadone messing with QT Prolongation in another Thread about using Dextromethorphan while on Methadone maintenance 90MG And Safety at 3rd Plateau can you Please take A look at the Thread Sekio if you know anything about that topic.

Can I simply just use Orphenadrine for the rare use And the Clarithromycin for when I My facial Acne requires such treatment? Or would even USING THESE DRUGS ONCE cause problems And if so how dangerous of A Risk is it?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...Methadone-Maintenance?p=14460451#post14460451

I nearly forgot I Read that Omeprazole can cause vomiting as A Side-Effect And I Am Prescribed 20MG Omeprazole twice Daily And 150MG Ranitidine twice Daily I have Read that using people use 40MG Omeprazole at once Or is that in Extended Release form? The Dr. did not tell Me how long after taking the first 20MG Omeprazole it is Safe for Me to take A Second Dose of it?

Last edited:
Or would even USING THESE DRUGS ONCE cause problems And if so how dangerous of A Risk is it?
Rule of thumb: the FDA and its counterparts in other countries usually provide very clear warnings if there is a known problem with drugs interacting together. If you can't find anything in the drug's white paper, Wikipedia, or the medical literature indicating an interaction then there probably isn't one that will produce any significant effects.

I know the Drugs Effects Last A long time But I do not know exactly how long the Drug's Liver Enzyme Inhibition last equally as long as the Effect it has on Lowering Stomach Acidity?

Why Do You Spell English Like It Was German? It's hard to read, to me at least, but yeah I'm no native english speaker, and yeah I do my best to express myself readable (which might sometimes be different than your best cause I'm high sometimes....). Peace :)