• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA doesn't do much for me

white55

Bluelighter
Sure I get a bit more open, talkative, wider pupils and all that but there's no universal love or anything close going on. That's with tested (both test kits and gc/ms) 200mg (tried up to 300mg) pills that others have used to great success.

However 5-apb+6-apb (~160mg total), either of the two alone (~160mg total), 5-mapb (~150mg), 5-mapb(150mg) +4-ho-met (25mg)and 5-mapb (150mg)+ 4-ho-met (25mg)+ 2-fma (10mg) give me exactly what mdma/mda magic describes along with more visuals.

Does the same happen anyone else?

Any explanations?

Crying shame. I think certain brains are wired not to take to MDMA. I remember watching a documentary years ago about therapeutic MDMA in a controlled setting. It's probably on YouTube, Professor David Nutt was featured. One guy who was ex-military didn't get anything out of MDMA and everyone else was buzzing. So I think certain people just may not take to it for a whole myriad of reasons. I felt like the ex-military guy was in denial; like he just didn't like feeling those emotions and blocked them out. But maybe he genuinely didn't feel the MDMA buzz. Either way I think some people's receptors just don't take to certain substances.

There are sources for how to dose which you may want to look at to see if that helps. It's all about weight etc. Go carefully, obviously. But if it's just not for you then there are other euphoric substances you could experiment with which are close to MDMA. However, MDMA is fairly unique in intensity of loved upness.

As a side note, I've got to a point with MDMA where I'm bored with it so I don't feel anything anymore. Genuine boredom so I'm off it for life now (one day at a time!). But back in the day, as you probably are aware, those early years were beautiful. Hopefully you can experience it just once in the company of people you connect with while sober. That sort of thing changed me forever.

I don't feel like it's a huge shame. I don't get much from mdma, but as long as the rest are around I can still experience what ppl say mdma causes. It could be much worse.My brain could be semipermanantly fried and nothing could give me the magic.

I feel similarly about MDMA. I think what it boils down to, is we reach the higher levels of empathy that we're capable of. If one does not possess a huge amount of emotional empathy, I don't think they'll suddenly start hugging and kissing everyone. In fact, my first time rolling I told someone to leave my apartment because they were ruining my vibe. So not all lovey-dovey for everyone.

I'm on the highly empathetic end of the spectrum, but MDMA has always just made me feel lonely and isolated. I tried 6-APDB once, but it just made me feel stoned (perhaps the dose was too low.) I also tried 5-MAPB a few times, the first few times leaving me feeling mentally slow/monged out, and the final time eventually becoming a weird state with some intermittent empathogenesis. I felt emotionally low the following week, which may or may not have been a coincidence. Mesembrine seemed to sort it out pretty quickly, fortunately, but I wasn't in a hurry to try it again, especially with the concerns over benzofurans heart valve malignancies.

Strangely, while I get the same feelings of sadness and isolation from 2C-T-7, I find 2C-T-2 to often be empathogenic. Mescaline and MAL are even more reliably empathogenic at low doses for me. 2C-B isn't at all notable.

Most of the MiPT tryptamines can be fairly empathogenic for me, particularly 5-MeO-MiPT. Also, my one experience with AET when I was inexperienced was very much like what I then expected MDMA to be like, but I'm not sure I'd feel the same way now.

Interesting more traditional psys aren't like that for me. Mostly just yay pretty pictures or some deep thoughts with higher doses.

5-meo-mipt I don't like much because it makes me feel sick (like all 5-meos.....)

Have you tried 5-meo-dipt? MDAI?

I missed the window with 5-meo-dipt. It functionally disappeared almost two decades ago. I'm somewhat curious about it (much more curious about 4-ho/aco-dipt) because 5-meo-xxx play well with me. Not that curious, though, because basically everyone that has tried both found 5-meo-mipt to be better in every way. I've never seen MDAI anywhere but in print. And goes for most of the non-benzofuran phenethylamine empathogens excepting MDA and MDMA. Curious about them, though

Sure I get a bit more open, talkative, wider pupils and all that but there's no universal love or anything close going on. That's with tested (both test kits and gc/ms) 200mg (tried up to 300mg) pills that others have used to great success.

However 5-apb+6-apb (~160mg total), either of the two alone (~160mg total), 5-mapb (~150mg), 5-mapb(150mg) +4-ho-met (25mg)and 5-mapb (150mg)+ 4-ho-met (25mg)+ 2-fma (10mg) give me exactly what mdma/mda magic describes along with more visuals.

Does the same happen anyone else?

Any explanations?

a lot of those drugs you mentioned are anti-anxiety drugs alongwith their psychedelic effects. MDMA is known to cause anxiety, especially in people who have been doing drugs for a long time or who have an underlying anxiety disorder.

my guess is mdma spikes your anxiety which kills your high. The other drugs subdue your anxiety as well as get you high, making them an ideal fit for your body type.