• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Solpadeine red cocodomal 12.8/500 can a cold water extraction be used on these

Technically they are all 'soluble' ;) I will check the box by the way when you do a cwe is it normal to taste still taste paracetamol in the filtered mixture?

Technically they are all 'soluble' ;) I will check the box by the way when you do a cwe is it normal to taste still taste paracetamol in the filtered mixture?

You shouldn't because the codeine is so bitter it should really mask it...but when I've done them, sometimes I can smell the paracetamol but I think that's probably just the smell from the left over gunk in the filter paper.. sometimes smell and taste van het confused in the brain.

(Good to see you've got a sense of humour.. don't tske everything we say to heart mate. We're just having fun but st the same time are trying to help you and give you the best advice to the limit of what we can cos it's a community of people trying to help each other).

With your CWE as long as...

A) the water is cold to the touch
B) it's not cloudy..(its not gonna be crystal clear and may be slightly opaque, but shouldn't be milky or cloudy)

Then your good to go.. I think people over complicate CWEs and over think it...they're quite straight forward with a bit of practice.

Read the question Stee. He says the tablets are red. Afaik, (though I may be wrong), the only solpadeine formulation that have red tablets are NON SOLUBLE.

I did read the question! Please do not think for one second that I was trying to undermine your advice in any fashion - the one thing this website has taught me is that I know next to nothing about drugs, despite having believed so during the 25 years i have been obsessed with then. I have neither the knowledge or skill to even contribute towards the OD or BDD forums any more, never mind get into a debate with one of their mods. All I see is a question regarding the efficacy of potentially soluble tablets being used in a CWE, something that was not resolved prior to my post as far as I can read.

I stand corrected 8( - There are a huge number of Solpadine products that are non - soluble now that I have taken the time to look, forgive my complacency but like AW I was under the impression that the brands historic USP was overpriced effervescent analgesics.

In my defence however (clutching at straws) the colour of the tablets is as you said, completely immaterial and should never be taken as any indication of their characteristics, the long and the short of it being, again as stated by others, the packaging and / or patient information leaflet.

Last edited:
I did read the question! Please do not think for one second that I was trying to undermine your advice in any fashion - the one thing this website has taught me is that I know next to nothing about drugs, despite having believed so during the 25 years i have been obsessed with then. I have neither the knowledge or skill to even contribute towards the OD or BDD forums any more, never mind get into a debate with one of their mods. All I see is a question regarding the efficacy of potentially soluble tablets being used in a CWE, something that was not resolved prior to my post as far as I can read.

I stand corrected 8( - There are a huge number of Solpadine products that are non - soluble now that I have taken the time to look, forgive my complacency but like AW I was under the impression that the brands historic USP was overpriced effervescent analgesics.

In my defence however (clutching at straws) the colour of the tablets is as you said, completely immaterial and should never be taken as any indication of their characteristics, the long and the short of it being, again as stated by others, the packaging and / or patient information leaflet.

TBF there are two kinds of Solpadene "Max", one is red and one white... the red are insoluble and the white are soluble (see pics). The word "red" is the only thing differentiating them and it was easy to miss that in the OPs post. Whilst OP could have just read the label or googled it, others looking at this thread might not know, so you were right to question it. This is the point I was making to making before about the "fact police" thing... people could see this and not know what's what and with a CWE, something like a formula being soluble or not can make the difference between a fucked liver and being fine...

Besides, what the fuck does FUBAR know about drugs? :)

9H5wCG4.jpg

V6XmtbZ.jpg

Yes thats the one! Lol ive just been stirring up 25 solpadeine max tablets and my wrist is aching looking foward to it though cus its 320 mg of codeine i had the other 5 tablets an hour ago so should be pretty cool im gonna just chill out tonight stay off the internet and play a singleplayer offline game I find offline gaming is a lot more calmer cus you can go at your own pace when im online playing against skilled players on games such as the last of us factions (which is a very good multiplayer game you have to use your head you have limited ammo and supplies) my competetive spirit takes over and I lean as close as i can to the tv and start kicking ass but my stomach will start hurting cus im putting weight on it and not laying down like I shold anyway gonna finish up with this cwe go to the bank cross my fingers and hope my DLA has come through if it aint im gonna have to wait another untl monday...

Man i gotta say the filtered solution I drank tasted weak as hardly any bitterness could be tasted but this could be the result of using extra liquid about 1/4 of a tea cup I know for a fact as long as you filter it right no visibile paracetamol you should be fine I remember when I started playing this game and I was so scared of paracetamol well I stilk am I guess it would be stupid not to be scared of something that can trick your liver into delf destructing because your body evolves to protect itzelf from stuff like this but with paracetamol it just kills you anyway I was wrong about that drink its defo kicking in, I think it helped that I slowly sipped it instead of drinking it in one I think im gonna always do that from now on.

Man i gotta say the filtered solution I drank tasted weak as hardly any bitterness could be tasted but this could be the result of using extra liquid about 1/4 of a tea cup I know for a fact as long as you filter it right no visibile paracetamol you should be fine I remember when I started playing this game and I was so scared of paracetamol well I stilk am I guess it would be stupid not to be scared of something that can trick your liver into delf destructing because your body evolves to protect itzelf from stuff like this but with paracetamol it just kills you anyway I was wrong about that drink its defo kicking in, I think it helped that I slowly sipped it instead of drinking it in one I think im gonna always do that from now on.

Do you crush the pills first? I've never used the Solpadeine Max Reds I always just used standard Co-Codamol (cheaper) and you didn't need to crush them but they dissolved quicker if you did... If the solution is room temp and the pills completely disintegrate you just have to give it a good stir and all the codeine will have dissolved.... I then chucked 2 ice cubes in until the solution was cold to the touch and then filter through pre-dampened coffee filters.. leave it for an hour or so until all the liquid has gone through into the glass and there's just a white mush left in the filter.. You can then give this a wash by pouring a small amount of cold water through the mush in the filter to get the last bit of codeine out..

If you want to be extra safe you can then take your collected liquid and cool it down again (in case the temp has risen to room temp in the time it took to filter).. run this through a new pre-dampened filter and it will pass through in minutes.. there maybe a slight white residue left in this filter paper which represents the last of the paracetamol..

This is a bit of a fuck on doing it like this but it will capture. 95%+ of the.codeine and very little of the paracetamol...the solution will taste very bitter...

Am I being stupid here, why not just buy codeine rather than going through all of this for a tiny amount ?

I like codeine but unless I take 300mg + I can?t even feel it. But that?s a shit load of OC tablets

Gonna down a whole bottle in one.. 'breaths out like hes gonna do something badass'

Just so people know - ibuprofen is profoundly insoluble in water and since you can buy it compounded with codeine in the UK, you can just toss the pills into boiling water, stir for 30 seconds and filter through a sieve. If you want to remove paracetamol from codeine, use acetone. Paracetamol is VERY soluble even in cold acetone, codeine phosphate is totally insoluble. Crush & dunk - 90% of the powder disappears within a few seconds so in this case, you filter out the active. Since the BP of acetone is just 56C, even at RT your batch will be dry much faster and contain no paracetamol whatsoever. Of course you need BP acetone (or ACS or similar if you buy from outside a pharmacy).

I've been fighting to require each 500mg unit of paracetamol to have a legal requirement of being compounded with 200mg of methionine because it's a horrible way to damage or destroy your body.

I realise I am extremely late to the party - 5 years isn't that late for me, actually - but even the soluble ones can be CWEd, I think.

Because people normally only take 2 at a time, they won't notice that there's paracetamol floating about the mixture.

Shove 20 pills in (need to do 4 at a time or it will bubble over) and use the normal technique, and you'll find that your left with a huge amount of paracetamol at the bottom.

Paracetamol doesn't dissolve, even in "solu" capsules.

I've done 30+ and always get a perfectly clear liquid, with a bitter taste.

The sodium content is so high, however, that I'd avoid using these.