• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos so hooked on klonopin. Need to quit

zagor11

Bluelighter
I need minimum 8 mg of klonopin to kill anxiety its crazy. My former dope using shrink used to encourage me that higher doses are ok and how he had patients who would take 4 mg every 4 hours etc. Well I got down to 4 mg once per day for about 10 days but I feel as if someone plugs electricity into my ass and my whole body is being electrified. That means I gotta increase but Im Ok once per day. So I will have to start at 7.5 mg every second day and 3.5 also every other day and slowly go down. But how slow?

Can someone suggest me a taper plan please?

Let me add that I am on a useless 300 mg oxycodone which produces NO high or euphoria. I got stuck there because of evil bupe.

The asthon manual is considered the golden standard when it comes to benzodiazepine tapers https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/
But don't forget that diazepam might not be the best benzodiazepine for a taper as the duration of action might be much smaller than the half life

A shrink can do a gene test to see what benzo your body uses best.Diazepam can be a good choice under tight control for a taper, as it creates metabolites in the body that last after the parent drug has worn off.

A shrink can do a gene test to see what benzo your body uses best.Diazepam can be a good choice under tight control for a taper, as it creates metabolites in the body that last after the parent drug has worn off. It is a bit hard to explain, but it is considered a gold standard in tapering.

The thing is I considered switching from oxy to methadone but with this dose d klonopin it's impossible.

Could you not maybe try a short course of diazepam or xanax, tamazepam even may help. These are all anxiety based benzo medications so you wouldnt really feel any withdrawel (dont quote me on this as i havent done a benzo detox properly) but even a taper down 2mg a week until your just on the one i mentioned would help you if its just anxiety. But then again these are strong medications that the doctor do not like to be asked specifically for. Build your way up, come up with a plan of approach etc.

Librium or diazepam are most commonly used for tapers given the long acting motabolites. I would taper slowly over a year or so given the dose you are on. The Ashton Manuel suggests switching to diazepam. Here is a taper schedule list for most benzo's. You will see diazepam is used as the substituting agent.
https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s5

Librium or diazepam are most commonly used for tapers given the long acting motabolites. I would taper slowly over a year or so given the dose you are on. The Ashton Manuel suggests switching to diazepam. Here is a taper schedule list for most benzo's. You will see diazepam is used as the substituting agent.
https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s5

Librium is definitely a great taper med, but the dosages for someone who is still in WD after 4mgs+ of clonazepam could get very high (100mgs or more per 8-12hrs) and not many doctors are willing to prescribe those doses. Where as diazepam might be easier to acquire the necessary dosages. Both metabolize to nordiazepam->oxazepam so while the effects of the actual diazepam/chlordiazepoxide might be short-acting, their partial-agonist metabolite nordiazepam and its metabolite oxazepam will be long-acting. It is important to note that the cumulative build-up of these metabolites plays a very important role in the taper and one should consider this when tapering.

For the fun of pharmacology:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw02OcGzn-apqYS7mR5Mh_qC

I have noticed in plain diazepam dosage that those metabolites go a long way when you need them to, but also take time building up. A diazepam dose, perscribed by your doctor and tailored to your exact needs wouldn't be hard for a decent doctor to do.

I have noticed in plain diazepam dosage that those metabolites go a long way when you need them to, but also take time building up.

IME I have noticed that their are almost 2 separate actions happening at the same time with diazepam and chlordiazepoxide regimens. The first action is the classic benzo effects of taking a dose of any benzo, but with these two drugs (and a couple other long-acting benzos that I have not used I am sure) there is a second mechanism going on that seems to calm the peripheral WD side-effects without acting in an anxiolytic or sedating manner. Maybe glutamate inhibition or PNS GABA sites throughout the body? I'm just speculating now so take it with about 65mg of salt please.