• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone for period pain

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I'm a chronic pain sufferer and I'm prescribed Oxycodone IR 30mg 4x a day (120mg daily).

My girlfriend is currently suffering from severe period pain, she's taken ibuprofen and paracetamol and it's not taking any effect. Would it be safe to give her a small dose of Oxycodone? Maybe 10mg?

Help much appreciated!

Yeah that should be fine. You may want to start at like 5mg if she has never taken opiates before just to be sure she tolerates it well.

Split the pill into quarters and give her the smallest piece since they never break completely even.

Yeah that should be fine. You may want to start at like 5mg if she has never taken opiates before just to be sure she tolerates it well.

Split the pill into quarters and give her the smallest piece since they never break completely even.

I can't split them because they're capsules so I'll have to give her 10mg. Thanks for ur help.

what? i can't figure it out. good riddle. if there's an answer.

I've got 10mg and 20mg capsules and I take one of each to make 30mg every four hours.

I didn't want to open a capsule it's too much messing. I gave her 10mg and she was fine.

Hello all.

I'm a chronic pain sufferer and I'm prescribed Oxycodone IR 30mg 4x a day (120mg daily).

My girlfriend is currently suffering from severe period pain, she's taken ibuprofen and paracetamol and it's not taking any effect. Would it be safe to give her a small dose of Oxycodone? Maybe 10mg?

Help much appreciated!

Please rethink about this ive been on opiates for over 10 years on and off and let me just tell you it is hell on earth your tolerance will increase until shooting up 2 grams barely stops you from getting you think your in pain now wait another year after taking those dirty pills daily man if only i listened to people if i can get one newbie to listen to a veteran like me my mission is complete :D

She should try increasing her magnesium and other nutrients. It makes no sense to give a clean slate addictive drugs for a passing event.

Absolutely agree. Talk about overkill. Many better ways to treat cramps besides oxy.

Talk about overkill. Many better ways to treat cramps besides oxy.
^ Agreed. OP, I don't recommend giving your girlfriend oxycodone unnecessarily. It's not like she has a broken bone. My fear is she will enjoy its effects a little too much. When I would get bad period pain and headaches, my doctor prescribed Naproxen sodium which works fine. (this is before it was available over-the-counter)

My ex used to be prescribed Percocets awhile back for her periods. I never really caught her abusing them but I highly suspect she took a few at other times. It's not that rare a thing. I actually had an aunt who was also prescribed something similar.