• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Seroquel Fucked my both nose, breathe HELP!

tommy330

Greenlighter
Seroquel Fucked me up, I can't breathe HELP!

The Doctor started me on a fucking Seroquel 300MG and a fucking benzo Clonazepam 2 MG, that helped my to sleep whole nights, now the fucking Seroquel shows it color on me, my both nose clogged all time except some few minutes if i get lucky. Tapered down to 25MG for 7 months, this still happens when i take it please help and don't ask me to change the meds because he insists this medication work 2 on 2 time appointments then i says i need to change he insist me on nasal spray.

what to do now, HELP!

Last edited:
Bump, HELP!! anything to stop my nasal congestion and dont worry about my hypomania i can deal with it of course with this seroquel 25 fucking mgs.

Please don't bump your own thread, that's not fair for other people that are waiting for a reply to their thread.

Nasal congestion is a common side effect of quetiapine. A nasal spray might help (salt water should do the trick, nasal sprays with stuff like xylometazoline shouldn't be taken longer than 7 days du to physical dependence) other than that the only other option I see is switching meds

Then i have to change the doctor , this one fucked me up and insisting me on it, by telling me and my mom this medication work perfectly and ignores at my stated side effect :( and i have he noticed and demand him for look at the side effects im on he put me on prescription nasal spray instead of changing meds.

Son of the bitch, Quetiapine last taken on 2 weeks, and my nasal congestion are present until now or i should says when i take clonazepam 2mg it will trigger a nasal congestion shit on me just after 15-20mins and all i know.. the fucking benzo doesn't cause nasal congestion. i thinking of file a court sue on this fucking quetiapine origin maker.

any thought i should consider, also i should switch the doctor and this will need me to trip to another university hospital?

Help somebody, please....

Please don't bump your own thread, that's not fair for other people that are waiting for a reply to their thread.

Nasal congestion is a common side effect of quetiapine. A nasal spray might help (salt water should do the trick, nasal sprays with stuff like xylometazoline shouldn't be taken longer than 7 days du to physical dependence) other than that the only other option I see is switching meds

I take a lot of Seroquel (up to 1350mg/day) and suffer nasal congestion, too. I find Pseudoephedrine very helpful* (it's in OTC Sudafed) but it is a mild stimulant (I'd say it's one step above caffeine) so you might want to be careful if you're already hypo-manic.

*it also helps with the somnolence and binge eating that come with Seroquel.

Last edited:
there is no hypo manic whatsoever until now, and later going to new doctor to get other meds, it's monday here time to get back Thorazine together with my current clonazepam and zoloft, i assume this freaking Seroquel med don't work on me beside only giving nasal congestion and more problems and Pseudoephedrine don't help not even a bit of it.

Current meds:

Clonazepam 2MG
Zoloft 100MG
Seroquel 25MG ( Fully Withdrawn )

Pseudoephedrine - not working
cetirizine - same not working either..
Allegra - not working after 2nd days

Last edited:
there is no hypo manic whatsoever until now, and later going to new doctor to get other meds, it's monday here time to get back Thorazine together with my current clonazepam and zoloft, i assume this freaking Seroquel med don't work on me beside only giving nasal congestion and more problems and Pseudoephedrine don't help not even a bit of it.

Current meds:

Clonazepam 2MG
Zoloft 100MG
Seroquel 25MG ( Fully Withdrawn )

Pseudoephedrine - not working
cetirizine - same not working either..
Allegra - not working after 2nd days

Maybe ask the doc about a steroidal nasal spray? I've had to use them for rhinitis caused by meds before.
Thorazine works a bit better than Seroquel anyway IMO (I take both).

I just got back my Thorazine but it's in 350MG, this thing really works and it does seem actually addressed my freaking ocd ,ptsd, and insomnia Its does knocked me out in nights already. my day life is so much better now and my shitty ocd and thats all seem controlled a whole day, seem like my nasal congestion gone already i really love this one.

Current Meds:

Clonazepam 2MG
Chlorpromazine 350MG
Zoloft 100MG