Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Safer opioids needed to stem overdose epidemic, Canada's top doctor says

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Safer opioids needed to stem overdose epidemic, Canada's top doctor says
Kristy Kirkup
CBC
December 12th, 2018

The need to increase access to a safer supply of opioids is being actively reviewed with provinces and territories, Canada's chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam said Wednesday as the Public Health Agency released data showing opioid drugs were factors in more than 2,000 deaths in the first half of the year.

A toxic drug supply is a key part of Canada's opioid epidemic, Tam said Wednesday, adding she hopes Canadians come to understand the seriousness of the problem.

"Across Canada, not everybody is on the same page," Tam said. "I think my plea is an escalated, compassionate response. To implement a lot of these measures, you need society to be on side."

Canada needs an approach that accounts for factors including the stigma, trauma and discrimination associated with drug use, she said.

Figures released Wednesday show that 94 per cent of the 2018 deaths were classified as "accidental poisonings" and nearly 72 per cent were unintentional deaths involving highly toxic fentanyl and fentanyl-related substances.

Read the full story here.

Map of opioid-related deaths in Canada, January to June 2018:

NSFW:
opioid-related-deaths-in-canada.jpg

o rly. you mean it's the carfentanil and acetylfentanyl that's causing people to die more often? Thank god there are people with 20 years of medical education and experience necessary to elucidate this. I'm sure the government will start handing out legal heroin immediately.

Yeah, no shit, so why are they trying to ban Kratom?

And of all places, SUPER liberal Vermont, which I have always liked and own a vacation house in, is actually one of the few states to ban it.

I couldn't understand how it was them and mostly redneck southern states when they are so liberal about weed and everything else.

Then it clicked: Vermont, much like New England and many North Eastern U.S. states has a very bad heroin problem and a lot of course is laced with Fentanyl and I know a guy up there who my family knew who unfortunately died from an O.D. of Fentanyl laced Heroin.

So the pressure to "do something about the Opioid epidemic" leads them to ban one of the few safe plants that could help.

Meanwhile, there will be as much Heroin and Fent as ever but now it's hard for them to get Kratom so they made the problem WORSE.

When will they realize that banning substances and imprisoning drug users is NOT the answer you ask??

Actually, "they" already know in terms of most big government officials, the D.E.A., F.D.A, prison system, etc.

That's why they DO ban substances and imprison people, to keep the cash flow going.

Death and prison are big money folks.

Happiness, health and peace?

Naw, not so much.

Who tunes in to the news for a happy story?

♤ between that and all the other injustice amd corruption happening this country is due for a violent revolution