• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My Essay on why legalization would be negative

rabbo375

Greenlighter
It's been copy and pasted from a previous debate but the points I have made are very valid

Thomas Santer Portugal has not legalized drugs the way have decriminalize small amounts for personal use (this is a good step towards fighting addiction) its still illegal to sell and you can't buy it from a shop

Legalizing heroin and cocaine is one of the worst ideas you could think off to combat drug addictions, all that would happen is that more people would have access to drugs that can ruin lives

Decriminalization and injecting rooms and prescriptions for addicts to maintain habit safely

No addiction experts/psychiatrists/GPs/people who have experienced addiction, would tg8nk legalizing heroin and cocaine for sale for recreational reasons is incredibly naive, to combat addiction here is my action plan if I had legislative control

Decriminalization

Injecting rooms

Prescribed doses

Treat addicts with compassion as addiction is a mental illness

Harsher sentences for drug trafficking/dealing (heroin and cocaine ~ 5 - 10 years)

Better treatment programs and a lot more support with

Treatment
Housing
Family and friends
Employment
Training and further education
Budgeting
Counselling
Harm reduction
Support with benefits/income

Public education on addiction

More m9ney to combat drug cartels (create a task force dealing with corruption and importation of narcotics)

Create a law that can be used to make association with known dealers and traffickers illegal (with intentions on buying to sell)

There is no one answer or correc5 answer to this problem, the only way to stop it is to stop the supply or demand one can not function without the other and since the supply is in another country we should focus on helping those suffering with addiction, anyway legalizing all drugs to sell and buy would probably cause society to collapse just look at history China's economy was very badly damaged because of opium addiction, people forget the ec9bomic damage addiction has (police costs, health care social work cost prison costs etc.) It all adds up in the end

I also think legalizing cannabis is a step forward and with more studies perhaps LSD but either substance would always be sold under the info that they are harmful to the human body which is very true

Anyway I look forward to a debate and offcoursw the morons who will just say that we should legalize it all that addicts choose to be addicted or the ones that think weed is good for you just the usual bunch of intellect void imbeciles

Scott Verge legalizing it wouldn't stop addicts committing crime ? Alcoholics commit crime to fund their addiction also you don't need to legalize it to make them clean all you need to do is gave prescribed doses for addicts also as California has shown legalizing weed there has not stopped the criminal element as they just adapt by lowe4 prices and increasing strength

Also why would they be cheap ? There is no reason suppliw4s would sell cheap since they know people will buy them they can charge a fortune just look at California weed is roughly the same price its always been sometimes more

Legalizing for sale would eat into cartels profits but does absolutely nothing to help the problem if addictions and intact probably make a it worse as drugs that can ruin lives are easily obtainable meaning kids could be exposed (kids can get alcohol and cigarettes so nothing stopping them) and again learn from history opium addiction nearly crippled China's economy

People seem to think that the reason these drugs are illegal is a big pharma conspiracy, its not its because governments knew early on advice from experts the damage these substances can cause to society both health wise and economic wise they are illegal because they damage not only a person's health and wellbeing but society itself

The day we can buy cocaine or heroin from a shop is the day society will start to crumble

And yes before you or someone says it, its not fair for responsible users (not that there is many) but its not a human right you are not entitled to drugs, that's just the way it is.

I work and live around a lot of addiction and I am an addict myself my opinion is based on everything I have seen and from what the consensus is in the addiction and medical community, the three big things is

Decriminalization
Injecting rooms
Prescribed doses

Those things answer your queries on safe and clean use and will stop them committing some crime to use and it means addicts aren't treated like criminals

If society was responsible and addiction wasn't a thing then sure legalize it but addiction is a mental illness its not a person's fault they become addicted they chose to start yes but you never choose to be addicted.

Thomas Santer No its not whatever you think is just your opinion and the deaths from the black market would not stop since again if you done the research you would know that cannabis legalization did not stop the criminal element also just because you can find heroin doesn't mean anything your experience applies to you and you alone

Donald legalizing it would cause far more problems that it would help the consensus in the addiction and medical community is that legalization is to put it frank naive

Decriminalization
Injecting rooms
Prescribed doses

Those things deal with all of your complaints without legalizing it, decriminalization stops addicts being treated like criminals and opens door a to getting them treatment

Prescribed doses and injecting rooms deal with the problems of people dying due to overdoses and impurities

Its not silly at all to think legalizing it would cause mor2 addictions all you have to do is look at the damage alcohol and tobacco cause and realize that if more people had access to these substances the use of them would certainly not decrease and would most likely increase, its simple numbers more people exposed to the drugs more people tempted = more people using

All the problems of impurities addicts being treated like criminals can all be solv3d without legalization and frankly not to be rude but people who think legalizing is a good idea I can't help think that they don't understand the economic repercussions that it would cause are people just forgetting about the damage opium addiction done to China

In the end this is all opinions im not biased because I have a different opinion but I follow what people in the addiction and medical community say I'm also an addict and have researched this extensively, if you disagree then disagree nothing will change my mind since I know all the pros and cons that legalization brings and I also know that most of the problems can be solved with these three things

Decriminalization
Injecting rooms
Prescribed doses

It literally solves all of your complaints you had with prohibition without giving the public access to life ruining substances

Hey there! Welcome to the forums guy. Please though, in the future before posting in existing threads or creating new ones, kindly, take a glance at our forum guidelines and peruse the community in its entirety in an attempt to get a sense of what we are about philosophically. Even this doesn't have a clear definition, but you can definitely deem some things in or out based upon our plain and simple rules. You can't go to CE & P and define why a dude thinks all Kindergarteners should be armed to deter pedophiles.

This is different. However, it's always great to encounter someone who shares our majority view of controlled legalization being the answer to many of our problems. Controlled Legalization: Selling drugs like one would sell cigarettes/liquor/medicine. Beyond that, I am not a lawyer, nor do I even have a clearly defined objective in all of this.

Let's send you to Drug Culture where I hope you will be welcomed warmly :)