Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia and proper use?

justme6263

Bluelighter
Hi

I have 1 gram of 10x Salvia and am planning on doing it soon. My question is, is have a typical straight glass pipe and am wondering whether this is okay to smoke it out of? Also what sort of dosage would I be looking at doing to get a 'full' salvia experience? I have also read that the best way to try to avoid an unpleasant experience is to use it in a darkened room in silence? I understand that often an unpleasant experience come with the territory when using salvia.

Thanks people.

Yea. There's lots of good stuff out there by way of trip reports, dose, preparation, etc. To make things more uncertain there seems to be a popular belief that there are 'soft-heads' and 'hard-heads'. I'm a soft-head and a pinch of 20x standardised leaf sends me out and beyond whatever realities I normally know when it invites me (often against my will) into the strange place that is Salvialand. Then again a friend of mine smoked several bowls of the same stuff and experienced no effect all all.

It's not going to kill you if you OD, but it might unnerve you. I'm pretty experienced with high-ish doses of psyches and this is the only one that's left me with 10-15mins of what I can only describe as PTSD - or maybe it's just shock. Whatever, it can be disturbing and again everyone has a unique experience. I would get a comfortable and secure environment with a sensitive sitter and take what you think is a good dose but not silly.

take a small pinch (1/20th gm) to start and try more later if you feel it is necessary.
the hard times on this are when you take too much

Take a small bit to start to see where that takes you and allow you to gain some familiarity with the drug. Also to get the most intense effect from it, when you do the hit, hold it in for approximately 20 - 30 seconds. Enjoy it, really good stuff Salvia. Stay Safe, Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

use a lighter with blue flame. it works like shit with a bic. like above poster mentions, hold it in for a long time.

it's super dysphoric. unless you're a weird psychonaut, it's to be skipped. doing it by yourself would be dangerous. at least make sure you're away from ledges and sharp objects. you'll probably sit and drool, but some people get up and flail around.