• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health How to come off Flurazepam

screwinvega

Bluelighter
I've been on this drug, 30mg for a few months on and off since the beginning of this summer.I'm thinking of stopping it, what's the best equivalent medication I can find to replace it and start slowly lower dosage?

If you are prescribed them I would advise asking your doc for the 15mg version for a couple of weeks, 2 maybe 3 and slowly taper yourself down. Then If you are still struggling with coping day to day and want to go away from the benzo route I would advise asking your doctor about Zimovane, Zopiclone, Zopitan. They are belonging to the sedative hypnotic family and act on the same Gaba receptors innyour brain as benzos thus giving you a similar effect to benzo's even though they're not Benzo's. If you dont want them have a look or try stilnoct, also sedative hypnotic but not as strong as Zopiclone etc. Hope this helps, feel free to Private message me or just get back to me here and i'll try help you some more.

Anyway hope all goes well, just be careful coming off benzo's drastically, you are very prone to taking Fit's and Seizures. Stay safe, Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't advise a medication. Your doctor would know the best manner of doing this, and if it's an appropriate thing to do. Then, if they think it's a good idea, they will guide you through the process. We can't really say much more than that.

I'm leaving this open for the moment. At least to answer any follow-up questions that we have the authority to answer.