• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone ever been to Life Center of Galax or Oxford Treatment Center?

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
Galax is a rehab in Virginia, Oxford is an AAC facility in Mississippi.

Galax was my first rehab, and it was insane. Lots of drama and rumors spread like wildfire, true or not. Met a girl I actually fell in love with, (I know It's bad) and we fucked on the bathroom floor.

Oxford was the best rehab I've been to (been to 3) it was like the movie 28 Days. I fucked there too, they made it so easy with the cabins. Drama was there too but it was easier to avoid.

Anyone been to these? If so, what was your experience like? And what is the best rehab you've been to? (If you've been to one)

By the way, I have almost 90 days clean from heroin :)

Congratulations on the clean time.

I don't think I've been to a good rehab yet. But I know I went to a bad one in South Florida. It was 2010 before word was really out on the scam they where running down there with rehabs. They ran out my yearly insurance benefit in 30 days with obscenely expensive unnecessary gc/ms drug tests. Stuck us 4 to a small room 12 to a 3 bedroom house with a 40 dollar a week individual food budget. We did all the cooking ourselves. The staff who actually ran the group was just people in recovery with no formal training. The people with degrees all came straight out of school and had huge caseloads. Saw them once a week for maybe 10 minutes. Just a shit show. But hey we went to the beach once a week so.....!! Yay.

Other two places where local. One was ok. Just kinda standard push em in push em out 12 step place. Not bad but not worth the money at all. The other place was at a university hospital. That shit was intense. 10 hours a day of classes. I was in a bad place though mentally and I left after a week.

I had an awesome rehab romance. Hottest girl I ever dated. We still talk sometimes 10 years later.