• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Not sure of results

Secret Agent Chick

Bluelighter
Not sure of results (have added photos of results)

Ok, I'm pretty new to testing, so I just want to check.
What colour is PMA/PMAA on a mandelin reagent - because on some colour charts I've seen a rusty/reddish/brown, but on others, more like a greenish/olive/brown?

I've tested a product (powder not pill), and the results came up as follows -
Marquis -hardly any change at all, maybe the palest yellow.
Mandelin an olivey green, what I would call a baby poo type of green/brown.
Simons - a mid to dark blue

I really don't feel like dying if it's PMA/PMAA.

Last edited:
Possibly having a conversation with myself - but tested the same powder using Mecke reagent -colour chart says PMA and PMMA should give no reaction on Mecke, but there was a definite reaction. So as far as I can tell that means it isn't PMA or PMMA.

Last edited:
Crap!!!! Then I read somewhere else that it does react on Mecke. Freaking swear words in abundance. Why does freaking testing shit have to be so hard.

Mephedrone. And yeah I know it was banned years ago, but the guy selling it has good feedback etc, so I hoped that even though it might not be actual pre-ban meph, it might at least be close enough.

This is a photo of reaction with Mandelin (straight away) an orangey reddy browny

8vASNb0.png
[/IMG]

Here is the reactions from all four reagents. The mandelin has changed from the original reaction to more of a green

FfpHH2R.png
[/IMG]

The photos aren't ideal (sorry)

But I would describe them as the following -
Marquis - either no reaction or a very very light yellow
Mandelin - at first a reddy orangey brown, but eventually change to more green
Mecke a light brown
Simons a very obvious blue.

OK, this makes more sense now that we know it's mephedrone.

When using reagents we are looking to see if it is possible for a certain compound to be present. If it is present then we will see ALL of the colour changes associated with that substance. If we are expecting a reaction for a certain substance and don't get it (with fresh reagents) then it's clear that substance can't be present.

Marquis - either no reaction or a very very light yellow
- this is consistent with both mephedrone and PMA
Simons a very obvious blue
- This is consistent with both mephedrone and PMA
Mecke a light brown
- It starts off light brown so this is "no colour change". This is NOT consistent with PMA. It is consistent with mephedrone.

Mandelin - at first a reddy orangey brown, but eventually change to more green
- Over how long did you observe this colour change?

Mephedrone should not change colour with mandelin, so this suggests that a cutting agent is present.

I forgot to mention the simon reagent - the blue result is consistent with the presence of mephedrone.

There is clearly a cut present here (maybe even no mephedrone at all, could be an impostor cathinone ), going on the mandelin reagent, but it's hard to say what. At least if your reagents are in good condition then you can have confidence that the reaction profile is not consistent with PMA or PMMA.

Just thought I would add, and I don't know if this makes any difference, but the Mandelin test was the most volatile of the four, quite a bit of fizz and smoke.

I had a look through some of the bunk police videos and I don't know about the fizzing or smoking side, but one of the drugs that seemed to have a similar colour progression to mine (with the mandelin), was their video for 2-fa.

But thank you for all your help Transform, I appreciate it.

Fizzing isn't a useful indicator, most drugs have the potential to do this.

Finally decided to try it out, and as kind of suspected, it's not mephedrone. Not sure what it is, but just some kind of basic stimulant rc. Weaker than meph, could eat ok, didn't make me racing for sexy time. Ok, but nothing overly exciting.