European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Methadone & Benzodiazapine's

Mr.Heffo94

Bluelighter
Just a quick question as i'm pretty stuck on this tbh and although i'm quite experienced in the art of taking drugs I just can't understand how this is happening. Maybe its point blank obvious, which i'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Well I am on Methadone ( 50mls a day ) to be exact. Although I am on Methadone for my Heroin usage which was, to be quite frank, getting quite out of hand and sometimes life threathening, I am still quite partial to most other drugs out there, particularly Benzo's, Xanax ( Alprazolam ) Valium ( Diazepam ) Dalmane ( Flurazepam ) etc.. Ever since I went on Methadone they are hitting my system tenfold and fuck me right up, once I take any more than 5. I wouldnt mind I have quite a high tolerance as I have been taken them quite regularly over the past 8 - 10 years. Even when I was on the gear I wasnt getting half as much out of them as I am now. So I just cant understand How or Why?

Hope to hear back from you wonderful dudes and dudettes of bluelight ASAP and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks a mill everyone, Stay Safe. Peace.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the long half life of methadone compared to heroin. Depending upon how fast you metabolise methadone, it can have a half life of upto 60 hours. This means that when taking a regular daily dose, it effectively builds up in your body - as opposed to the regular peaks and troughs experienced with heroin use. Therefore, using other CNS depressants on top will hit you harder than you would otherwise expect. Be very careful with this combo, it can take you unawares.

Edit: I'm sure someone will be able to explain this much better than I can... :\

Yea I see exactly what you mean about the long half life of methadone and the constant build up of it in my system over time, I completely understand that. But when I was using heroin it was daily and up to a gram and a half IV daily so that would of been building up in my system also, just like the Methadone but I could completely handle benzo's obviously to a certain degree but now there just fucking me up. Cant talk, complete memory loss etc. Doing stupid unnecassary shit. Hope to hear more from a few others just to get a better understanding of it. Anyway thanks for your reply F.U.B.A.R. appreciate it man. Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

Yea I see exactly what you mean about the long half life of methadone and the constant build up of it in my system over time, I completely understand that. But when I was using heroin it was daily and up to a gram and a half IV daily so that would of been building up in my system also, just like the Methadone but I could completely handle benzo's obviously to a certain degree but now there just fucking me up. Cant talk, complete memory loss etc. Doing stupid unnecassary shit. Hope to hear more from a few others just to get a better understanding of it. Anyway thanks for your reply F.U.B.A.R. appreciate it man. Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

Assuming they are on a script (if off the net they could have any amount of active ingredients) FUBAR is right think of it like this 50mg (to make the maths easy also 24h is the standard h/l unit used) means after 24h you have 25mg left plus 50mg, the next day 12.5+25+50, then 6.25+12.5+25+50....so you are nearly up to 100mg blood plasma level.
Also you listed a few benzos some stronger than others and diazapam has a ridiculous 1/2 life of 300h. Also depends how often you do the benzos as unless you do them frequently you wont build up much of a tollerance where as daily use or similar and tollerance builds quickly.

Thanks very much that helps and gives me somewhat of an understanding of why they may be hitting me so hard. I use the benzo's daily. Mainly 1mg Xanax, but often throw in about 3 10mg Valium that would be my max if i'm mixing. I usually take Flurazepam at night when i'm chillin out but that would only be if I didn't touch any of my others throughout the day as they would be the strongest and they are a sedative Benzo so they really help me sleep. Hope that helps with some more info in terms of my benzo usage, maybe that might help you to help me some more. Thanks a mill blondin, appreciate the help. Peace, Mr.Heffo94.