• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids will taking hydrocodone on full stomach lessen the effects?

It kind of varies depending on what you eat when taking opiates. High-fat meals will increase the amount of time that opiates stay in the blood stream when compared to somebody with an empty stomach. But the amount entering your blood stream won't really change, and neither will the time it takes for the maximum concentration of your opiate to be in your system (Tmax). So you're not really hindering the effects in any way.

Everyone is different, but in my experience it does. Every time I took an opiate ..whether it was IV heroin, Oral hydrocodone or Kratom tea ... I tried to take them on an empty stomach, I felt the effects a lot better. As for the post above, I never noticed any difference in duration if taken with a high-fat meal, but thats just me.

Personally, id rather have a more "powerful" high, than a longer lasting "weaker" high.

It might not effect the peak but it will definitely effect how quickly you come up and the intensity of the come up. That's my experience anyway

It might not effect the peak but it will definitely effect how quickly you come up and the intensity of the come up. That's my experience anyway

On paper the Cmax and Tmax are not affected by food (high fat/protein meals at least). So in theory the come up and intensity shouldn't be affected, and peak plasma concentrations should be maintained longer. But like Chris said, everybody is different so YMMV.

I always drink milk or something with any dose. Maybe a few fries later. It's gonna work or not.

On paper the Cmax and Tmax are not affected by food (high fat/protein meals at least). So in theory the come up and intensity shouldn't be affected, and peak plasma concentrations should be maintained longer. But like Chris said, everybody is different so YMMV.
This

Exposure to hydrocodone after HC-ER 20 mg was similar in the fed and fasted states, as assessed by area under the plasma concentration versus time curve from time of dosing to time of last detectable concentration (AUC0–t; 316.14 versus 311.94 ng ? h/mL); relative bioavailability (Frel) was 101.74%. Differences (fed versus fasted) in hydrocodone mean maximum plasma concentration (Cmax; 28.86 versus 22.74 ng/mL) and median time to Cmax (tmax; 6 versus 8 hours) were not clinically significant
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4307648/