• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Feeling shame, opiate addict

Yes you're over the worst part of the physical wd's for sure.

Great job my friend!!! Things will just continue to get better for you.

Here if you need me,

Love and support,
your friend,
Ash.

I know day 4!!!!! I feel ,,,,,,ok,, lil edgy not bad though thanks a million ill still b posting for sure

Youve been great ash even if u didnt know my questions you did wt u could to find them, im sending u a hug now! Im not going anywhere as im not done but maybe i can help others when im finally in a good place

Yes don't be a stranger.

We need good people like you here!!!

Just be kind and patient with yourself. If you need anything or need to talk you can pm me.

hugs back,
your friend,
Ash.

Youve been great ash even if u didnt know my questions you did wt u could to find them, im sending u a hug now! Im not going anywhere as im not done but maybe i can help others when im finally in a good place

Thanks ash i would like to pm you later tonight if possible but honestly i tried yesterday and couldnt figure it out, update the comfort meds are lasting just a half hour shy of new dose so thats better, and i drove to therapy today with no issues or aniety , at this point im just a bit jiggly legs at time and my arms and legs feel like they weight 100lbs each,

I think the rule for greenlighters is that you can only send 1 new pm every 3 hours until you hit 50 messages on here and become a bluelighter..

It's to prevent spammers.

Yes pm me.

You're sounding really good today, I am sincerely happy for you, you're so awesome!!!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Thanks ash i would like to pm you later tonight if possible but honestly i tried yesterday and couldnt figure it out, update the comfort meds are lasting just a half hour shy of new dose so thats better, and i drove to therapy today with no issues or aniety , at this point im just a bit jiggly legs at time and my arms and legs feel like they weight 100lbs each,

Weird i havent pm,ed anyone ....ever, o well n yes i feel about 90% better than sunday night, therapy was very hard "tears" but other than that ok, and im sooo sorry ive never asked how you are doing? So how are you doing? Im actually cooking and i just did my rubix cube!!! I love puzzles but been to shakey to work it

The easiest way to PM someone is to click on their username in a post they made, and a dropdown will appear, and one of the options is to send a private message. Like you could click Ash's name above "EPL1" next to her post, and send her a PM that way.

Thanks Shadowmeister,

You are so kind and helpful, thank you for helping. I really appreciate you.

I hope you're enjoying your day!

Much love,
your friend,
Ash.

The easiest way to PM someone is to click on their username in a post they made, and a dropdown will appear, and one of the options is to send a private message. Like you could click Ash's name above "EPL1" next to her post, and send her a PM that way.

Oh man 90% better woohooo!!!

That's so great to hear Gunslinger!!!

Yes pm me whenever you like.

I am having a much better day than I did yesterday, so thank you very much for asking!!

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Weird i havent pm,ed anyone ....ever, o well n yes i feel about 90% better than sunday night, therapy was very hard "tears" but other than that ok, and im sooo sorry ive never asked how you are doing? So how are you doing? Im actually cooking and i just did my rubix cube!!! I love puzzles but been to shakey to work it

Just checking in im at hour 94 with zero vic , only drug in my system is the ativan and clonidine o and depokote (migrane sufferer) thats it, limbs still feel very heavy but thats about it right now

That's good news man, you should either be through the worst of it, or in the worst of it right now. From here things should start to slowly improve. It's around this window when I remember experiencing true happiness, or sober happiness for the first time.

So do you already have the surgery for your wrist scheduled, or is that still pending?

O im not gonna schedule it now that im going through this im thinking mayb 4 months then hopefully id be ok with a pain pill controled by my wife IF BIG IF i NEED it

The edgyness is 95 percent gone ,shakes gone. Bathroom trips are rare , sooo what do you think ??? Do i still have worse days ahead? Like calm before storm

Another check in. Its about 330am friday morning, only reason im up is one of the kiddos needed mom and i got up to see, but anyway im almost at my 100hr clean!! This has to b a milestone because last time ive gone that long was pre july 2015, feel good although idk if dry mouth is a part of it or maybe its cause im chewing more snuff than usual but damn im dry

I'd say it definitely sounds like the worst days are behind you. Awesome!! You sound like you're in a pretty good place. It's always nice to see a success story. Of course you shouldn't let your guard down because you'll probably at least have cravings to deal with in the future, but I know you can keep with this and put opiates behind you. :)

Yes im think im doing pretty good, i even installed some aftermarket lights and wiring on my new silverado today, no issues, no dexterity issues no focusing problems and able to trouble shoot flawlessly!!!!!! I never wanna go back, but im not nieve i know im not done

I don't think you should feel ashamed. Not everyone will judge you. I, for one, lost a husband to opiates. We had a three-year-old daughter and I had to raise her alone. Not everyone walks away from this. if not used properly, or abused it will end in death. So instead of feeling ashamed, try feeling your will to get control of this. I am glad to see you are seeking help and you have already made an excellent choice by choicing bluelight. There are a lot of caring and supportive people here to help guide you. We are our worst judges. We put ourselves in a category of being this monster. When in turn, we are just human making human mistakes. The only real mistakes are the ones that we don't improve and get back control of. You can message me here anytime if you need to talk. There are more people than you realize that can help you. Your first step is reaching out and I am so glad you did. Keep your head up. Yesterday was yesterday and tomorrow is your choice.

This.

Wise words from a very wise and strong person. <3

Yes im think im doing pretty good, i even installed some aftermarket lights and wiring on my new silverado today, no issues, no dexterity issues no focusing problems and able to trouble shoot flawlessly!!!!!! I never wanna go back, but im not nieve i know im not done

I love seeing your optimism and excitement about this. :) For me, when I felt positive and happy about the idea of never going back to opiates, that was when I actually was done with them. Even during the lingering unsteadiness that lasted for a little while, it still stopped being a struggle because I really understood the reality of what would happen if I went back, so staying away was the only sensible choice. Instead of being scared, sad, and upset about the idea of never doing another opiate, I felt great about it. That's pretty amazing you got there on your own, because for me it took years and years of actively trying to quit and failing over and over again before I finally took ibogaine as a last resort and came out of it feeling like that... I did not get there without ibogaine's help. You should feel really good about that. :)

Yeah sound like you've made it through the worst of it. Like I mentioned before, you weren't on that high of a dose(comparatively) so the withdrawals will be fairly mild. Hopefully this can serve as education of what can happen though. Things can almost always get worse, so it's really good that you stopped it when you did.

Just a word of warning.. a lot of people have similar feelings of "never again" but that doesn't mean you won't ever again. Just like when people drink too much and say "never again" while going through the hangover, but quickly forget once the hangover passes. The thing is that feelings are fleeting, both positive and negative. It's easy to say things like this when dealing with consequence, the real challenge comes when you are no longer feeling like this. When you are unhappy, depressed, in pain, lonely, etc., the urge to use might return. And when the urge comes back when you are in a "fuck it" kind of mood, things can get dicey.

You mentioned that you used it to help with depression or sadness as well as physical pain, possibly even more so for emotional pain than physical towards the end. I don't say this to shame you, but hopefully to bring some awareness to WHY you used, and why you might use in the future. By better understanding the why, where, and whens you can start to identify some of the possible triggers or causes of relapse in the future. You can then take preemptive actions to prevent yourself from getting in the same position. Things like therapy or counseling might not be a bad idea, maybe even couple's counseling just so you can better communicate this with your wife and family. Or even just thoroughly discussing how you will handle the pain after the surgery, and some contingency plans if things go astray.

Thank you both, i have started therapy and admitted i started using to knumb the depression, i had a script (paper) that could of been filled today for 90- 10/325 hydrocodones, i ripped it up and burnt it and felt great doing so!! Like i said i hv extreme dry mouth i belive from clonodine, other than that no more symptoms, my wife says my vitals are finally in a healthy range for past two days n like i said i actually worked on my truck n felt good about it, also i understand i do need to watch the depression triggers , but other than the pills from my doc the friend i got extra from i called and admitted to him i was a adict, so hes aware too and wont give me any more even if i asked now (hes like a brother to me) so both my supplies have been cut off and i can honestly say i never even considered going to the street looking even the few days i was withdrawing before throughout the years . So im pretty proud of my self right now but know my struggle isnt over but once i feel really good im even going to try to quit chewing snuff too , but hell no not during this. I just want to say thank you to everyone who talked with me and im not going anywhere im gonna continue posting and maybe i can help someone else sometime but for now i cant express my extreme gratitude to all you!