• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Feeling shame, opiate addict

Checking in on you and your son George.

Everything going ok with you guys? Did he and you get any answers???

Praying for you guys, hope you're having a great day, you are dealing with a lot with your own quit and top it off with your son, you're very strong, and a great father, and I am very proud of you.

You rock George.

your friend,
Ash.

Hi ash! We are home! They are saying they are psycogenic seizures which means they are basically behavioral not neuro and not hurting his brain but with him being autistic its gonna take some time for him to learn how to deal with tramatic issues as in what is a "omg this is too much to handle" and " o thats sad but life goes on" everything for him (being autistic) is a omg reaction
Thanks for your prayers and checking on me
Ash youre wonderful
George

That's great glad you guys made it home.

I mean I guess it's good news that it's neuro right? And now you guys will be more at peace now that you have some concrete answers.

I hope you're not struggling too much today George, I know this is all a lot to deal with, but you're doing a great job of it.

Remember to be kind and patient with yourself.

Here for you my friend,
Ash.

Hi ash! We are home! They are saying they are psycogenic seizures which means they are basically behavioral not neuro and not hurting his brain but with him being autistic its gonna take some time for him to learn how to deal with tramatic issues as in what is a "omg this is too much to handle" and " o thats sad but life goes on" everything for him (being autistic) is a omg reaction
Thanks for your prayers and checking on me
Ash youre wonderful
George

Ash, im doing great i havent needed my comfort meds at all, suprising with the amount of stress ive been under , but yes we are glad it isnt neuro but comes with new challenges trying to figure out wt triggers them . I really hope youre having good days, i was actually thinking of you alot today how much youve helped and wishing i could return the favor, if there is anything u wanna chat about also im here for you as well
Your friend
George

Thanks my dear friend.

Honestly, seeing you happy and getting to hear about it are good enough for me.

I'm happy when my friends are happy.

Much love to you and your family George. Thank you for the kind words, you know I'm always here for you.

Ash.

Ash, im doing great i havent needed my comfort meds at all, suprising with the amount of stress ive been under , but yes we are glad it isnt neuro but comes with new challenges trying to figure out wt triggers them . I really hope youre having good days, i was actually thinking of you alot today how much youve helped and wishing i could return the favor, if there is anything u wanna chat about also im here for you as well
Your friend
George

Good afternoon ash hope youre doing well, we all have caught the flu which is tougher for me because its like wds all over again but its not and its snowing like crazy here yuk, but other than that doing well, son has been seizure free for 3 days (which means unfortunately hes due) but good for now. I hope your having a good day and staying warm! I hate the cold!
Your eternally greatful friend
George :)

I hope you all feel better soon George.

I'm glad you son hasn't had another in a few days too, that's great to hear. I hate the cold too.

Stay warm my friend.

Very proud of you, not just for the quit either, but you are also a great husband and father. You're such a good person George. I hope you know that.

Hugs, your friend,
Ash.

Good afternoon ash hope youre doing well, we all have caught the flu which is tougher for me because its like wds all over again but its not and its snowing like crazy here yuk, but other than that doing well, son has been seizure free for 3 days (which means unfortunately hes due) but good for now. I hope your having a good day and staying warm! I hate the cold!
Your eternally greatful friend
George :)

Ash , thank you for the kind words, i dont feel im all that great. Today i feel im being pulled in a zillion directions, wife cant drive due to her knee, son ended up seizing this morning, daughter had dr appt, im always running for everyone! But i know its wt i have to do but honestly vicodin would make it easier but im still staying strong, had to take some ativan today , i know life is crazy but everybody has to see i hv a lot on my plate, even the therapust in pitt pulled me aside to talk privately about my son but then asked how hv i not cracked, ugh honestly she didnt know about the opiod issue too, im a pretty private guy and only speak of that issue here and with my wife

Hello my friend,

I'm sorry life is so chaotic right now, they tell mothers in particular all the time to make sure they take some time for themselves, or they won't be of much good to anyone else, but it really should be told to everyone, men and women.

You need to try to take some time for yourself too George. You deserve it.

I hope today was a good day.

Here if you need anything,
your friend,
Ash.

Ash , thank you for the kind words, i dont feel im all that great. Today i feel im being pulled in a zillion directions, wife cant drive due to her knee, son ended up seizing this morning, daughter had dr appt, im always running for everyone! But i know its wt i have to do but honestly vicodin would make it easier but im still staying strong, had to take some ativan today , i know life is crazy but everybody has to see i hv a lot on my plate, even the therapust in pitt pulled me aside to talk privately about my son but then asked how hv i not cracked, ugh honestly she didnt know about the opiod issue too, im a pretty private guy and only speak of that issue here and with my wife

Ash, its hard to do that though (take me time) had rough day wife fell trying to get in car n fell on her knee, omg, probably gotta go see surgeon tom, ugh, im hanging strong.....somehow. hope ur well
Your friend George

Awww man George that sucks!!! The perfect cherry to top off your shitty week!!!

I'm praying she hasn't done anything too serious to it.

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.
Ash, its hard to do that though (take me time) had rough day wife fell trying to get in car n fell on her knee, omg, probably gotta go see surgeon tom, ugh, im hanging strong.....somehow. hope ur well
Your friend George

Good morning Ash, well we are still waiting on the surgeon to call back, shes in a lot of pain and chewed a lot of her pain meds yesterday, it was difficult seeing that bottle over and over but i found my self carefully time stamping her intake and letting her know when and when she couldnt have more. Shes only on 5mg of percs and i realuzed how fucked (sorry) id be if i was her a month ago and thats all they gave me for this type of extensive surgery! 5mg of perc wouldnt of done anything because of where my tolerance level was at. Which concerns me when i have my wrists done. Do you think my tolerance is down to normal (someone who doesnt take narcs) now or will be in another month or two ? I def dont wanna have to have the pain med the doc will prescribe not touch my surgical pain! Remember i was up to 20mg vic

Well , i honestly dont know how much more i can take, took wife to ER to check her leg to make sure she didnt damage anything when she fell , had my mom come up to watch the kids incase my son seized someone was here......while in ER i got a call my uncle died (my moms brother) shes a WRECK!! Its not fair!!! Right now i want to run in the woods and just scream at top of my lungs!! How can so much bad happen to good people? I just dont know what to say at this point. Thank you for everything

Oh God George,

I am so sorry for you all, I will just say some prayers for you guys, I'm here for you, if you want to scream go do it.

Please hang in there, you've done so well through all this, you really have. Stay strong, pm me if you want.

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Well , i honestly dont know how much more i can take, took wife to ER to check her leg to make sure she didnt damage anything when she fell , had my mom come up to watch the kids incase my son seized someone was here......while in ER i got a call my uncle died (my moms brother) shes a WRECK!! Its not fair!!! Right now i want to run in the woods and just scream at top of my lungs!! How can so much bad happen to good people? I just dont know what to say at this point. Thank you for everything

Hey what's up George? I've been laying low from BL recently but I'm back for a min. l'm so sorry about your son. I'm sorry about your wife and I'm sorry about your uncle bro. Man, the enemy is really testing you right now but your definitely winning. He wants you to fuck up. And every time you say no you're giving him a big ass black eye. Keep punching his face in brotha... Your doing great... Praying for you your wife and your son. Keep your head up!

Hey Ash! I'm thinking about cha!

Would love an update from you George, I hope things are going better for your fam and that you're doing well too.

Drew,

Thinking of you too, how have you been with your awesome self!? ; )
Much love,
your friend,
Ash.

Sorry guys, been super busy , we are still seizing every other day :(, but im ok for most part, im finding ive needed the ativan and clonidine a few days here and there, jitters pop up once in a while, is that normal at this point

How many days have you gone without the Ativan and clonidine? I'd say it's normal for the first few weeks of trying to step off, but much longer than that you'll have to just grit through it otherwise you never really fully recover. Unless you decide you want to take those medications long term, then that's your choice.