• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How likely am i to have liver damage?

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I accidentally took 4 grams of apap in one instead of spreading it out i was desperate and needed some relief for me opiate withdrawal while i waited for the rest to cwe but now thats done its been a few hours i feel ok but should i be worried has anyone else had 4000 grams or more of apap and been ok?

I would go to the e.r. right away. I believe that is the limit depending on your weight. 4 grams. Inwould highly recommend it. Its not good at all

Anyone else see this. Seems like it should get more attention. From what ive read on apap overdose

Go fast to the pharamacy and explain what you did; they will (should) give you acetyl cysteine! It's sold as a dietary supplement and as a mzedication for dry cough. IT somehow helps the liver with toxicity due to apap metabolism. ASAP!

Do not fuck around with the possibility of Liver failure by way of Tylenol poisoning.
Get to the emergency room NOW!

Thank you to people saying things. I knew this wasnt good. Hope dude went. I saw last night he got off around the time I was sending my first message but i dont know if he got it.

We are not doctors and damage done to the body does not typically occur on a "pass/fail" basis like what you're implying OP. You don't generally go from a hepatic system, the very picture of health to a purulent mass of fat and gore over one use of APAP. The only sane answer to your question is:

APAP is known to cause damage to the hepatic system. Anything more specific than this done over Bluelight is ridiculous. I am trying so hard to close less threads per the friendly request of my colleagues in the Illuminati. Asking us to diagnose liver failure over the internet is making my trigger finger itchy.

4g is not going to kill you. Be smarter about it in the future. The most common story regarding liver failure from APAP in members of the recreational drug-using community is going to come from chronic administration of APAP/Opioid products, typically these folks have little to no idea the harm they're doing to their body as their dosage increases.

Aha sorry for the big panic turns out it was nothing to worry about I went to my local walk in centre, they gave me a few tests and just told me to drink plenty of water I feel like such an idiot coming here and posting this sorry.

I dont know. From articles ive read here it has been studied that 4 grams in less then 24 hours can be a letal dose. I dont really think its bad someone comes here to ask that kind of question. It's harm reduction and seems like a relevant question to ask.

I know this thread is a couple of days old, but with APAP you should monitor for jaundice, stool changes, dark urine, etc... for a few days after the fact, if you get your ALT AST GGT ALP etc tested just a couple hours or a day after you liver values could still be in normal range but develop liver failure days later, its best to monitor the situation for a few days when talking about these kind of doses.

I'm late but agree with all of them you should go to the er. The max single dose is typically 1000mg, max daily dose is 4000mg. Also you should probably have figured this out before you took it instead of after