View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2c-b testing?

Lizardfina

Greenlighter
Hello! I recently was gifted a capsule containing what is reported to be 2c-b. The individual who gifted it to me claims they consumed it with no ill effects and greatly enjoyed themselves, but the substance was not tested and I know nothing about where it was sourced.

That being said, I'm very nervous about taking unidentified RCs, even with word of mouth positive reviews, due to the potential for mislabeled product and differing potencies, but 2c-b is one substance that I have always wanted to try at least once, and I would love to try this capsule if I can do so safely.

Is there any combination of reagent tests that would be able to identify presence of 2c-b while ruling out things like bromo-dragonfly, DOx, etc.? Would a Folin test work? If it turns purple it indicates 2c-b, but that doesn't necessarily rule out the presence of other substances, correct? If I tested first with Marquis, Mecke, and Mandelin, then Folin, would this be fairly accurate?

I have searched the internet and this website for weeks, trying to understand how to properly read test kits, or find any information regarding what test results look like for bromo-dragonfly or 2cb... the closest I've come are TLC test results on ecstasydata. I don't trust that site, as at least one test result (ID 1837) stated 2c-b-fly and bromo-dragonfly to be different names for the same substance.... which is a *hugely* irresponsible thing to claim and publish on a HR site, imo, and makes me question the validity of any claims made on that site.

I've spent a bit of time looking through howtotestdrugs.com (has a list of different tests, and you can choose colours to see a list of drugs that would cause that reaction with each test), to try to narrow down which tests I would need to use, but I'm getting more and more confused by the day. I also can't seem to find bromo-dragonfly anywhere in any of the results, unless I am very much mistaken as to what the drug name actually is. So, even if I did have bromo-dragonfly, I have no idea what colour to look for to either rule it out or positively identify it.

Any suggestions or advice are much appreciated!

First, I want to say how great it is that you're looking to test your drugs before you take them!

So there aren't any single reagents that can tell you what what you have, only rule things out or very occasionally identify suspected adulterants. I'm headed to work shortly, or I'd try to find the best 3-4 reagents that I would use in your situation off of the pages of bunkpolice or dancesafe. Youtube has some excellent reagent test videos that will show you real time which reagents react the most conclusively with 2C-B.

It sounds to me like you're predominantly concerned with discriminating between it and bromo-dragonfly. While there are plenty of drugs that I might be concerned would be misrepresented as 2C-B (such as bk-2c-b,) I personally wouldn't lose any sleep over bromo-dragonfly in 2018. As far as I know, bromo-dragonfly was such a debacle that it hasn't been produced for many years and probably will never see another RC scene production run. It's simply too dangerous.

NBOMEs (etc) are still around and hazardous, but are usually sold in blotter. DOx are less hazardous, and are also usually sold on blotter. If you are worried that it may be a full potency NBOME or DOx, you could take a submiligram test dose a week or so before in addition to your use of a yeast kit.

If everything works out well for you, bon voyage! 2C-B was on my lifetime bucket list, but it ended up being pretty underwhelming despite all the glowing testimonials of my friends. I appreciate it in a way now, but it certainly isn't in my top ten. Maybe you'll have the right metabolism and receptor morphology for it to really shine! Oh, I recommend having some (chelated) magnesium around to help with muscle tension in comedown

It drives me nuts that I can't fix my autocorrect fails on the mobile version of BL without deleting my post *sigh*

This thread may help. I've found these cards can provide a decent reference for what reagents can be used for differentiating between what compounds.

Differentiation of 2C-I from 2C-B/C is trivial. Differnentiation of 2C-B vs 2C-C is possible as well, though it demands at least a small amount of attention.

I did these tests and posted the results in PR Q&A some time ago. I have a few pages that i've been meaning to upload, and i'm going to repost the whole lot of them here once I finally do that.

2-3 mins:
wb5qms.jpg

Note 2C-E will give more of an "expected" reaction if you dump tons of it in.

30 mins later:
2vjxzko.jpg

Trypts:
20ji9af.jpg
-
All 4-sub-T's react similarly, but other T's do not.

Thanks for the post Pfaffed, very useful.

As for mobiel problems, we will very soon be upograding to Xenforo software which will make the mobile experience very modern (and will also help get our SEO back to the point where we show up near the top in Google again which should drive traffic back up).

I have searched the internet and this website for weeks, trying to understand how to properly read test kits, or find any information regarding what test results look like for bromo-dragonfly or 2cb... the closest I've come are TLC test results on ecstasydata. I don't trust that site, as at least one test result (ID 1837) stated 2c-b-fly and bromo-dragonfly to be different names for the same substance.... which is a *hugely* irresponsible thing to claim and publish on a HR site, imo, and makes me question the validity of any claims made on that site.

You are getting things mixed up here: The "Sample Name" is the one under which it was submitted to Ecstasydata.

In this case, we are talking about the legendary batch of supposed 2C-B-FLY sold in 2009 by a small-time Danish vendor called HauptRC. Due to some mix-up, that vendor unknowingly got sent Bromo-Dragonfly by his supplier, and since he did not bother to verify the identity of his product, he OD'd on it not much later when he took a full dose for his first trip (Bromo-DragonFLY being roughly 20 times as potent as 2C-B-FLY, this turned out to be quite lethal).

Unfortunately, he had, at that point, already shipped out several baggies of it to customers around the world, leading to several deaths and hospitalizations in Spain and the US... eventually, a sample of this supposed "2C-B-FLY" was sent to Energy Control, who verified it to be Bromo-Dragonfly.

That said, Bromo-Dragonfly is arguably one of the least likely substances to be sold as 2C-B today. The most common adulterants nowadays are arguably the 25x-NBOMe's (while most of them are now banned, they are very cheap to produce) and the 25x-NBOH's (the slightly weaker de-methylated analogues of the NBOMe's, which are still more or less legal in many jurisdictions).

Anyway, what form did your 2C-B come in? 2C-B is so weak (one dose being typically in excess of 10 miligrams) that it cannot fit on blotter unless each blotter square was massively oversized, so if your "2C-B" did come on blotting paper, then it's almost certainly something else (in addition to dealers maliciously misrepresenting their product, some people seem to be unaware that "2C-B" is not the same as "2C-B-NBOMe", which is just another name for 25B-NBOMe).

Last edited:
The 2C-B is a lovely shade of green in the second picture. They all look like jewels.

Is it possible to vape 2C-B in a weed vaporizer? Like sandwiched on green?

Inefficiently, yes, I'd imagine. More so if you've freebased it first, but I haven't ever tried it. Personally, It's so that and vape it slowly and carefully using a proper vape rig to minimize production oftoxic byproducts. Health risks from degradation of the molecule into nasties aside, I haven't heard positive reports of vaporizing 2C-B - it's supposed to be short, rushy, and anxiogenic. Basically all comeup and comedown with not much peak.

Pfaffed, Thank you so much for the link and additional info! Once I test my supposed 2c-b, I'll post the results here.

Hodor, I can kind of see what you're saying about the ecstacydata report, however it's a bit unclear on the website itself. It just says this:

Name:2c-b-fly
Other Names:2cbfly, bromodragonfly

It's good to know that bromodragonfly isn't in circulation anymore, I just figured since I don't know where or when my 2c-b was sourced, it couldn't hurt to rule it out :) My supposed 2c-b is in powder form, in a capsule. The girl who gave it to me assumes it is what her source claims it is and did no testing herself aside from consuming it, but I have no way of verifying where or when it was purchased.

Don't vape it, why would you? Oral is fine but if you want an extra kick insufflation is possible but very painful and intrarectal is one of the better methods but you must pre-dissolve in a small tepid solution.

Dosage titration is an extra measure against ODing on a more potent compound. I guess go at faster initial steps that only rule out the order of magnitude of much more potent drugs, and go slower when you get closer to the range of potency of drugs like 2C-B and close 2C-X.

Using different methods is best, like using a reagent to narrow down what it can be and using the titration to take into consideration that it may be one of the other drugs that would cause the color reaction or if perhaps something was added to it.

Good luck and it's definitely smart to vet your source or scene better before potentially lowering your guard to fewer test measures. Jjust saying it like that cause a down-side of seeing it black and white could be that maybe you would stop testing altogether if you get frustrated from impracticalities. In my experiences when you learn that in a certain scene or with certain friends you can put some trust in it when someone says it appears to be what it is meant to be (without any reasons to lie anyway) that can help a lot, but still doing a little testing is just smart and safe especially if the broader scene you are in isn't always looking out for itself like some scenes are.
Seems like some scenes find it important to have everyone involved be safe in the first place, and if anything happens everyone will know like a bunch of worried moms. But in other scenes it is every man for himself and about making money, which is worthless obviously.