• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone and Alcohol Safety

JennPunk

Greenlighter
I'm going to post this here because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to start my own thread. I'm pretty opiate naive and could count on both hands his many times I've taken hydrocodone. It has never done a whole lot for me. I can take 40mg then about 30 minutes later I'll get a rush where I feel kind of a drunk like feeling for a few minutes. Then, it's gone and don't really feel much of anything. But my question is about mixing hydrocodone with alcohol. Earlier today I was in a situation where I couldn't drink but really wanted to so I decided to pop some hydrocodone instead. At about 4:30 I took 40mg of hydrocodone. Then, at about 8:00 I took another 40mg of hydrocodone. Now, I'm at home and I can drink alcohol. The alcohol I have is 70 proof Vodka. It is 11:15 now. After 40mg of hydrocodone at 4:30, then another 40mg at 8:00, is it safe to drink the Vodka. I really want to drink and have been thinking about it all day but I'm scared too now because of the hydrocodone that's in my system. I think I must have a natural high tolerance to hydrocodone because it just doesn't seem to do a whole lot for me. So, I'm thinking it might be okay to drink, but I'm also really scared to do it. But man, I really want to drink this Vodka, I just don't want to hurt myself.

I used to drink opium tea and beer. There was some vomiting. That's how you know when to stop.

Hi, I moved this query into your own thread. My response is probably not going to help since you asked this last night. There would be a couple concerns I have. You did not indicate whether your hydrocodone was formulated with acetaminophen. If it was, by mixing with alcohol can cause liver damage so I would caution against doing this.

The second concern would be the risk of central nervous system depression. Both hydrocodone and alcohol do this on their own so mixing would double that risk. The amount of hydro you took is not small and would still be in your system at 11 pm. If you did decide to drink even a little, you have a good chance of passing out. Ultimately, CNS depression cannot be ruled out so no, it's not very safe. Let us know if you're okay.