• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quitting oxy

Greenlighter
So I've been on Oxy roughly 4 years. I stopped cold turkey once it sucked but I was able to tough it. Currently to just get by I need about 250, it ox, to have fun is closer to ,,,600.

Here's my question my wife and I are gonna try to have kids in the next 2 years. When should I stop to make sure the kids would be healthy and not thing negative from me????

Thank yiu

The short answer would be to stop now to clear the mind for more important "stuff". Quitting now will also provide much needed monies that babies need to be healthy and warm.
Think about it....
Peace

I don?t think opiates go into your sperm and cause your kids to be born disabled. I think that?s only for women. Either way, you can?t be an opiate addict and a first time parent at the same time. Also, you can?t be fresh sober going into that experience because it?ll be overwhelming. Give it time for now I?d say

All good posts. Get clean now. You obiviously havly have the wil power to do it. Clear your mind of it while keeping focus on that baby or babies and you should be good to go my friend.