• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Looking for an opiate detox somewhere tropical

hunners

Greenlighter
This is my first thread so I apologize in advance if I missed something from the etiquette guide!
I tapered from 120mg/day to 20/day and now it's crept back up to 30-50 mg/day.
i saw something about a detox in Thailand and I thought how nice it would be to be away from my triggers.
Does anyone know of a detox/recovery place somewhere beachy and warm?
I will only be able to get away for a week and I'm hoping I find somewhere warm.
thank you in advance for any ideas.

Man if you want to be away from triggers do not go to the golden triangle of opium production to detox.

I can't really think of anywhere tropical apart from maybe the moreexclusive carribean locations where opiates aren't pretty rife and very cheap. I did a fair bit of research while I was due to get a bit of cash in the midst of addicition. Also do you really wanna detox somewhere hot and sweaty without wds? If I couls go anywhere I'd head to the cold and add blankets.

What part of the world are you in? Since you're not going to go straight into residential treatment after the detox, you don't want to be somewhere you can easily cop after the detox is finished. I would discourage South Florida for the same reason. I don't know anything about the Caribbean scene chinup brought up - maybe that's the way to go.

sorry for the late reply and sorry i didn't reply to your message- i wasn't clear in my reply. i was looking for places where i could move to in the hope my drug usage would kill me before i ran out of money, not at detox places, so i don't know any, i just know where the drugs i like are good and cheap and many of those places are tropical.

really i'd suggest trying to get some idea of the clinical outcomes and how well their program fits your particular case rather then going by location. if you get clean you'll be able to go on a tropical holiday and enjoy it. i really didn't want to go to rehab in the location i actually went to cos the accent they have down there bugged the hell out me. so many people who helped me massively while i was in spoke with a local accent that i now like it.

Thanks for your replies! I?m thinking Ibogaine might be the way to go, I?m searching bluelight to see if there are clinics that come highly recommended :)
Seems like most of them are in warm climates so that?s a bonus!

Most Americans seeking ibogaine treatment go to Mexico. All I can say is do your homework if you're going to seek medical treatment in a third world country. Banking heir Matthew Mellon died during ibogaine treatment in Mexico earlier this year. I was considering doing it in Canada when I lived in the NE US (personally, I think it would be much safer to do it in Canada than Mexico if I ended up having a medical emergency) and the clinic to whom I made the inquiry warned me that it just speeds you through withdrawal; that you will end up back at square one if the appropriate lifestyle changes aren't made post-treatment; it doesn't magically cure you of addiction. Also, some of these Mexican places (looked into that, too), charge an arm and leg; make sure you're getting what you're paying for, especially in terms of safety. Good luck.

I wouldn't do ibogaine. I love tripping used everything from mescaline to 2c-e. At least 150 total "trips". But I just think it's too dangerous mentally. It seems like the whole idea is to have a bad trip and scare yourself into sobriety. I can do that at home with LSD or shrooms for a couple hundred dollars if you wanna get real crazy smoke dmt at the peak of your 14 gram mushroom trip. I dunno the whole thing just seems like a trendy new age scam.

Thank you for your response.. the homework is what I?m struggling with , I?m not sure how to find out which is considered the best one. I?m finding random videos warning people away from certain ones and also really positive testimonials. I have a good support network at home, I can afford around 10k, and ayahuasca has helped me in the past to find clarity so I?m hoping ibogaine could be a good fit!

Well if your going to do it I agree that Canada is preferable to Mexico. I guess you just have to dig on the internet then call ask a bunch of questions and use your BS detector to filter out shady ones. In my experience with traditional drug treatment over promising is the surest sign of a shady place.

Does anyone know if there is a thread on blue light that names reputable ibogaine clinics? The internet is the internet and I can?t find any without some awful reviews. I will go anywhere- Europe Canada Mexico ., I just want to go to a reputable clinic ... thank you for any guidance!

Probably not. That would likely be considered sourcing unfortunately. Though it's a grey area.

Probably not. That would likely be considered sourcing unfortunately. Though it's a grey area.
I don't see it as a grey area at all, as ibogaine is Schedule I prohibited substance in the United States. Please don't anyone go there and get this thread shut down. Hunners, you're going to have to do your own homework. Any good facility will have it's detractors, and there will be shitty facilities whose have people singing it's praises. The old maxim "caveat emptor" applies here.